Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hiboy 32 wins prestigeous car show award!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Hiboy 32 just called me tonight to shoot the shit and he told me about the award he won at a car show held a few hundred miles away from Omaha, last weekend. The show promoters paid his traveling expenses AND laid upon him, a recored 32 ford radiator as a gratuity for coming all that way.... He said a nice, shiny car won best "under construction" but he won his class....."best rat rod!" He said he hadda tow his ex-stock car racer to the show, through the winter's slush and road gook on an open trailer and rolled that sucker off the trailer and into the auditorium...the end! No tire-black, no paint rub-out, not even a car-wash but he said he DID have the ropes around his car....said it was to keep the people from getting tetnus off his car! Hahahaha! Jeff kills me......
    He didn't get any photos but I have one from last summer's Americruise in Speedy Bill's parking lot... The car now sports a 4" chop but the top's only tacked in place.....
    Just like it was for the auto show..... Ha!

Attached Files:

2. Always brings his son, Donovan with him...great kid.

Attached Files:

3. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

hey thats a really cool car, I havent seen a pic of it before. Thanks and congrats to him.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for letting us see this Rocky. Always good to see a father/son hot rod team. I'll bet that kid won't have a police record when he grows up.

Frank

5. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for letting us see this Rocky. Always good to see a father/son hot rod team. I'll bet that kid won't have a police record when he grows up.

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

......if Dad let's him drive the coupe, I bet he will!! [​IMG]

6. moparrodder

moparrodder

Hey Rocky, Thanks for lettin us know about the award, That's just way cool!! I was able to see the coupe in person at K.C. in September and Jeff is really cool to be around and Donovan sure is quite the Hamber. Congrats Jeff!!! Bill [​IMG]

7. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey Rocky I was just gonna mention about my new show car. I found that ya beat me to it. Thanks fer lettin everyone know. Aint it great?? I have a real show car!! I failed on the pics, forgot the camera too far ta go back. Not sure about the 'rat rod' name but had a ton o fun anyway. Small mid-west town didn't know what ta think.

Thanks again Rocky, I'll git ahold of ya later on those tail lights. Ohhhh, can't wait [​IMG]

8. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey MoparR, glad ta see ya here. The coupe is about like in KC, biggest diff is the just right chop.

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Here is a pic as it sits today, just as in the show only without the safety ropes.

[​IMG]

10. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

yahoo, I posted my first pic . I can do it, yes I can!! [​IMG]

11. Jeff, why doncha let me come over and click a few photos of it with my digital....gimmee a call. I'm off Monday for King holiday....

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Hey Hiboy,

You coming to Des Moines in a few weeks? If so, lets meet up and I'll show ya my Y-block "A" pick up.

Corn

13. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Rocky, I usually git home about 6:00. Could I call ya when I do git home?

I am planning on it. My racecar buddies wouldn't miss it for anything. I am hoping ta get a ride there. Are you the one that I ran into at last years swap meet, and good guys.
    I would love ta see that p/u.

14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Highboy,

Yea, that's me. I'll PM ya or you can me a few days before to set a time to meet up. See ya.

15. 53Chebby

53Chebby

Here's a pic from last year's Goodguys show just too add one more for everybody to see.

[​IMG]

16. Yeah, gimme a call..I'll pump up the camera batteries this evening.