Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features symco whats going on

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 210sedan, Aug 2, 2016.

1. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

What's going on at Symco? some say it's moved to Oshkosh. other's say the show will go on?

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

The original show promoters have moved the show elsewhere. There is a group of "new" people that are going to continue to have a show at the old location, on the same date.
    So, is the show the people that put it on, or the location of the show? Gene

3. A Boner

A Boner

Thinking I might go next year (2017).....we'll see who wins the pissing match, and then maybe I'll go THERE next year.

wicarnut likes this.
  4. flatjack

flatjack

5. 1pickup

1pickup

6. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

7. LONG

LONG

gonna hit both in the buick. last time I was there was 2013. seems to me too many general public messing around. its over 300 miles one way for me. but, I want to see both for myself. I love the unionville grounds, and Cliffy's new joint should make a killer backdrop. I'll have friends attending/ organizing each show.

Mr. Chaos likes this.
  8. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

yes the unionville grounds are very cool, everything changes ??? I will go to Symco, cool little town

9. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

It's going to be killer in Oshkosh this year. EAA's vintage airplane hangers as a backdrop. Where else can you see WWII planes and hot rods side by side? Plus it's 15 min from my house, so I may be biased!

Mr. Chaos likes this.
  10. ottoman

ottoman
    from Wisconsin

Symco at Symco is traditional so that's were I'm going.

11. hotrod428

hotrod428

Unionville for me

12. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

Oshkosh for me, can't wait to see Voodoo Larrys cars!

Mr. Chaos likes this.
  13. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos

Oshkosh for us!! In order for the Shakedown to continue putting on a show of the caliber we have come to expect, something had to change. By what I've seen and heard of the EAA grounds there is a ton of room to continue the shakedown for years to come without the overcrowding of Unionville.

14. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

16 Vagabonds in Wisconsin and me from Texas will be in Unionville. Here is what they posted on their public Facebook page...

"The Vagabonds of Wisconsin would like to proudly state our support of the "Keep Symco in Symco" team. We eagerly await their show, this year's Symco Hotrod and Kustom Weekender. We have been nothing but impressed with the new management in place and wish them great success.The Vagabonds will be there in full force August 12th and 13th helping them create a memorable experience for each and every spectator. From the killer music line up, the vintage camping, swap meet, mini bike drags, flame show and resurrected Pin Up contest there will be plenty of fun to be had. Not to mention just hanging out and taking in the ambiance of the historic Unionville grounds. It's going to be the show of the season! Long live Symco in Symco!! See you there!"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  15. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

Every time I've gone to the show it has grown and gotten better year after year thanks to Cliffy and his crews dedication and creativity. I can not see another person with the ability or mindset making the show what it used to be. I think it may be comparable to the 2009 shakedown but will not be what I was the past few years

16. The main reason we moved was because the old location does not have property liability insurance. So...do you want to go to a place that thinks a couple grand is more important then someone's safety? We even offered to pay for it, but they didn't want an insurance agent "knowing what we have." There is more to it, but really I would have signed the contract if they would have picked up insurance. We moved to a kick ass venue. Once you are there, you will understand why we moved. It is just like our old location...you can't understand until you are there. We have a very high quality event planned, without losing the "back in time" or "middle of nowhere" feeling.

I am frankly sick of the BS from the other group. Look at our website...symcoshakedown.com. Look at our Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SSHotRods/. Look at our products, poster, flyers, and everything else. They are professional. We don't need to fool you to think you are going to the same show....we ARE the same we have done for the last seven years. There isn't anything that stayed there that was a detrimental part of our event...including the location.

I have been attacked personally over this move....most of which is complete lies and crap. If any of it was true, I would never be able to rent a facility such as the EAA. If anyone wishes to get into details of the move or wants to know the truth about my personal business, they can call me AFTER the show at (920)540-4576, message me here and I will gladly answer any questions, even my own personal business....since it has already been plastered all over craigslist and Facebook by the haters. It is a lot of smoke and mirrors to get you away from their own problems.

I am a vendor, a camper, a hot rodder, an artist, and a music fan....my event reflects that. I do this because I love it and it is a way I can pay back to everyone for building awesome hot rods. Go to both and find out...just make sure you have enough time to drive back to Oshkosh before we give away our raffle car on Saturday evening.

1959Nomad, stupesnova and Hellfish like this.

17. Since you want to bring that to the table...you better find out what Vagabonds will be in Oshkosh...because some will be there.....along with members from other car clubs that are on the other show's "supporting" list. The truth is that he is using these clubs. Why else would he go around rallying them all up to support a piece of property. I have kept people out of it best I can. Let people decide on their own.....and a LOT of people have figured it out already. I don't need to post support from other clubs in public to mislead people...I have TONS of car club support....more than I ever had in Unionville to be honest. I don't need a popularity contest to get people to come to my event.

Impressed......is that why your club asked for his prospect jacket back a short while back? He shit on Jerry, Dean, Luke, Rob, Marty, Steve and others while he was working for me last year....now you guys support him. You guys are all being used. You may be too far away in Texas to actually see it.

How impressive is copying and pasting everything someone else has done...booking mostly bands that have already played the show and not doing anything original? Not very. What is impressive is how someone that has $20,000 in UNPAID financial judgements and tax warrants, no job, no bank account, hardly any assets, and doesn't own a house or shop can con everyone to think that, myself, who booked the EAA grounds has a pile of problems.

So when the shit hits the fan...are the Vagabonds going to cover the bills? Because we all can see the long history of not making good on debt from the new guy.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    charlesincharge09 and TudorJeff like this.
  18. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

geeeee,that's alot of crap going on,but think I will still go to SYMCO,,,,But thanks Cliffy?

19. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

I also love unionville like you. Has its ups and downs but it was overall a very cool place. I really can't justify going to a copy-cat show claiming the past 7 years of success. And Overall I think that it won't live up to previous years. I urge you to go to both and maybe give us a comparison. Unbiased people would be the best to give reviews to fellow hot rodders

20. Tetanus

Tetanus

Can't wait to be at the shakedown in Oshkosh,thanks for all the hard work cliffy!

Sent from my LG-US780 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vintage aircraft and hotrods, vintage buildings/tractors and hot rods. Airplanes and hotrods is a no brainer for me even though I will be at Speedweek.

22. ottoman

ottoman
    from Wisconsin

Was just at the EAA last week... no reason to head right back there. Pioneer airport is a nice place... but Its hard to beat the atmosphere of Unionville. I am sure both shows will be nice and everyone can attend the one they want so why dont we wait til after the shows and then report back with our thoughts?

23. Atmosphere doesn't cover hospital bills when someone gets hurt, or rebuild the place after a tornado or fire.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. poopeye

poopeye

Let people decide on their own????????????????????????????????

25. funk 49

funk 49

Now I'm torn between the two, and didn't realize the politics of the shows.
    Funk 49

26. Let's make this easy.....I'll compare show posters....you tell me which show you would go to. [​IMG]

I should remind you that the other show has to use photos of my past events without our permission.

Also, how can they boast it is the best show when they haven't had one?

27. hotrod428

hotrod428

I'm going to give the new guy a chance, if it sucks then it's Oshkosh next year.

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

I don't know about the drama, nor do I care. After running the Hunnert Car Pileup for 10 years I know all about the headaches that go along with dealing with stubborn and uncooperative locations, and with copy cats trying to steal hard-earned respect, and drama.

I do like the change of venue. Keeps it fresh. Personally, Unionville was neat, but I saw all that was there in 1 pass. A show at an airport really feels like an old car show, and you get 2 shows in one... planes and cars, that potentially changes every year. That's just my opinion.

29. Gerg

Gerg

Symco@Symco

Vagabonds will be there and quite a few of us will be working the show including me. Let the chips fall where they may I know where I will be. Sucks how the "split" happened but it is what it is.

I will miss my friends that will be at the Oshkosh show.

I know the details but why argue?