Register now to get rid of these ads!

Family Photo Album

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 1, 2016.

1. 225.JPG 226.JPG 228.JPG Found this old roll of film of my Dad's and had it processed 77 years later....

2. From our old family Photo Album. My daughter's 5th birthday party, 31 years ago. We were driving the old U.F.O. Ron... 007.jpg

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      117 KB
      Views:
    VA HAMB, Felix 40, wicarnut and 8 others like this.
  3. Me 1949.:cool: I still drive a roadster and carry a pistol:eek: 64chev_0001.jpg

4. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My late uncle's trike in southern California, started life as a Harley Service car. He had it in Michigan one summer when I was a kid giving rides down the gravel road in front of my Grandmothers doing wheelies. Uncle Tommys Trike 1.jpg Uncle Tommys Trike 2.jpg

5. My Mom with her 1949 Plymouth:cool: 49 Ply..jpg MOM 001.jpg

6. Aside from me, the black sheep, my military family really doesn't have any automotive tradition....

I had to look real hard for pictures of anybody in my family standing next to any cars like they were proud of them.....

Here's one of my Mom holding me, circa 1956 in Frankfurt, West Germany, next to our family Fiat....

[​IMG]

As for The Old Man, does running a platoon in the Battalion Maintenance Company count?

[​IMG]
    Also circa 1956, he's in front of the jeep.

[​IMG]
    Seems they were having trouble with the M62 wrecker that day...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He's the butter bar on the left.
    [​IMG]
    The Maintenance Company worked in support of these:
    [​IMG]
    I know what it is.
    Do any of you dudes recognize it?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Felix 40, quick85, wicarnut and 6 others like this.
  7. Grey!!!

Grey!!!

Frank King in garage 1927-1.jpg
    This photo was taken about 1927. To the left is my great grandfather Frank Nathan King. On the right is Thurmond Thornton. Thurmond was brother to my great grandmother Beula Leona King.

8. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cant remember if I already posted to this thread, but, I am so damn cute in this pic of me and my dad in 1954, I figured I would give you all a chance to marvel at my cuteness again. Man, If my wife hadn't married me 17 years later I would've married myself. If you look up "Cuteness" in the dictionary, this is the pic you see. I know some of you may say mean things to me about this, but deep down inside your thinking "damn he's cute". In fact, im thinkin of askin Ryan if I can change my call name to Ron "Cuteness"Brown. Sorry any of you single women out there, Im already taken. IMG_0942.JPG

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Chucky, Felix 40, quick85 and 13 others like this.
  9. Rick S

Rick S

This picture was taken I believe sometime between 1910 or 1911 of my late Grandfather, Frank Smith with his newly purchased Indian motorcycle. He used to tell us stories about this motorcycle and how he paid an extra $3 for the headlight, horn and speedometer and was the envy of his Harley riding buddies. He was a cool Grandpa. DSCN0492.JPG

10. and my Pop's stuck it out on his own with great gramps when his brother Sal moved down to Oakland for a big furniture fleet....1932

Attached Files:

11. All of our cousins. Uncle Tom and Aunt Joans Farm in Mason N.H..jpg All of us cousins at Uncle Tom and Aunt Joan's farm in Mason New Hampshire.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  12. My Uncle's '51 Ford and my Dad's '60 and later my Dad's '64 08042016.jpg

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The BIG MOFO...:eek:...wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that puppy...o_O...yowser​

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  14. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

The scooter is cuter!:rolleyes:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  15. Fedman

Fedman

File0218.jpg
    This is my Grampa Couper (Circa 1955)
    Walter was a Buick Man all his life and loved his Cars.
    Came down with M.S. in 1957 and almost died of it, came back from almost total Paralysis and was able to walk with Crutches and Drive his Car again!
    He helped me put my first Truck together when I was 15, gave me advice and checked my work.
    He was too stubborn to let the M.S. kill him and passed away in 1986 from Throat Cancer.
    I still miss that Man.........

16. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok...gotta admit, wish I had it now.

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

My great aunt Irene with her new 1954 Corvette.
    [​IMG]

My grandfather and a '58 Plymouth.
    [​IMG]

My uncle Matt and I in about 1979. My dad found the pedal car half-buried in a junkyard and restored / flamed it for me.

[​IMG]

quick85, 34toddster, wicarnut and 7 others like this.
  18. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

What's the story on Aunt Irene's Corvette? How long did she keep it? Any idea where it is today? Congrats on having such a cool aunt....

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

No idea, buddy. I wish I knew.

20. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

First pic is 1974-75, when visiting Pulaski,Ky where dad is from. That's my Great Uncle Bills' general store/post office. I'm just over the back corner of the roof of our '34 wearing the "cruiser hat" with my brother and sisters around me. Second one is about 1962, before I was born, but those are my older cousins in front of dad's J-2, 6 deuce powered Ford coupe. Last is dad, in the late 50's and his '53 Olds. He currently drives a '52 88 Convert. wagner house, Dad\'s cars 003.JPG wagner house, Dad\'s cars 005.JPG wagner house, Dad\'s cars 015.JPG

21. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

image.jpeg

My late dad 1979 in between projects ,40 had been sold so he was starting on the A coupe,,

Felix 40, wicarnut, 1929rats and 4 others like this.
  22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Absolutely amazing car and family history. Best bobbed rear fenders ever, IMHO, too. Gary

wicarnut and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  23. Here's my great uncle Wesley McKelvy around 1910, driving the first car to come to Bay City, TX - a Winton 2 touring car owned by Dr. Parker.

The great grand-daddy to the Auderer roadster, @Ryan !
    Wes.jpg

24. Fedman

Fedman

Dick\'s 51 Ford.jpg
    August 1957
    My Dad on his Honeymoon

Felix 40, Ron Funkhouser and Stogy like this.
  25. Fedman

Fedman

WalterWallyDick02.jpg
    My Dad on the right in front of his 51, My Grampa on the left (His Buick in Garage) and my Uncle in the middle.

tb33anda3rd and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  26. Fedman

Fedman

File1146.jpg
    My Step Mom in a High School Friends 34
    (My Mom just sent this Pic a couple of months ago to the Car owner who now lives in California.)
    He was really excited to see his old car again after a lot of years!

27. Fedman

Fedman

[​IMG]
    My Step Mom's 57 Buick

Felix 40, quick85, ct1932ford and 5 others like this.
  28. Squablow

Squablow

My great-great-grandpa Harvey P Sorenson's blacksmith shop turned auto repair shop in Denmark WI, probably in the late teens or early 20's. Sign on the right says Ajax tires, I assume one of the young guys in the foreground is my great grandpa Vilas.

IMG_4262.JPG
    A receipt from his garage for repairs including a gallon of gas for 13 cents.

IMG_4273.JPG
    This is Vilas Sorenson with his Model A. The picture is clear enough that you can read his initials on his lunchbox. He married my great grandmother, who was pregnant with my grandma by another man at the time. Pretty salacious stuff in the roaring 20's.

IMG_4266.JPG
    I think this is also him, loading up a homemade trailer with firewood.

IMG_4269.JPG