Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My Mercury mishap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50mercfrank, Jul 31, 2016.

1. 50mercfrank

50mercfrank
    from New York

This is my 50 Merc. I've owned her for 25 out of my 44 years of life. She went through a complete restoration and I've enjoyed her ever since. The bottom pictures are where she is today unfortunately. Backstory: I was coming home from a show when my hood flew open. Thankfully I was able to stop before it completely went over the car. The damage was contained to the hood and slightly on the fenders. Since the car was going to be in the shop to be repaired and painted, I figured this is the time to go all the way. Fix the gaps, any imperfections, and do everything I've wanted to do for the last 19 years. I'll keep everyone posted.
    checks5.JPG IMG_4050.JPG IMG_4059.JPG IMG_4060.JPG

kiwijeff, wicarnut and Stogy like this.
  2. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Nice Merc, gonna be the same color or other plans?

3. 50mercfrank

50mercfrank
    from New York

Thanks. It's definitely going to be red. I'm just not sure which one. I'm leaning towards the Rudy red from Ford.

Johnboy34 likes this.
  4. 50mercfrank

50mercfrank
    from New York

Good idea. I have to come up with something extra. Now I'll always be nervous.

5. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Nice looking Merc.

6. Very cool, Gotter love a chopped Merc, in a nice shade of red.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My old '50 Merc opened her hood on H'wy 17, did some sheet metal damage to itself and fenders, I did a bracket and slide bolt attachment underneath.
    My '56 Ford Sunliner did the same thing, it got repaired and a chain-and-padlock.
    (2 sets of aluminum TBird valve covers disappeared before the chain and lock...)