Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Project Low Buck 32 Ford Rides Again!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Jul 29, 2016.

1. mike bowling

mike bowling

Anyone that's down on that car is an A-hole you don't need to listen to anyway.
    Nice job!!!

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That is a great looking car. I like the camouflaging you did on the newer parts, roof inlay is great, and I really like the fabric on the seats. That fabric seems to match the whole theme and of course it must be UV tolerant. How is it to sit on? The only thing I would change, and I won't offer to help out financially, is to put a Ford engine in it.
    LOL

Fordor Ron likes this.
  3. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

Now that is one outstanding rod!!! Great job!!

Fordor Ron likes this.
  4. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Ron I think I still have some new 34-36 taillight buckets and some power safety pins for the rear doors if you want them. You might have to remove the motors from the safety pins. Just let me know and I will ship them to you. I love your car you have done an excellent job. I wish my interior looked as good as yours. Are your interior panels wood panels? I love the seats you really did a great job.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  5. Flyinhillbilly

Flyinhillbilly

That is just right, well done.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  6. Bader2

Bader2

Fordor Ron likes this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Clean, simple and fun. Very subtle and FUN!

Fordor Ron likes this.
  8. Door panels are just Masonite panels. They're not perfect, in fact I'm thinking of changing them to aluminum. I may take you up on the pins. How do they work?

9. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

They are made by Carolina Customs. If you pull up their website they show a picture of them. Mine are the electric ones. You can use them manual or electric with a switch. These have a bracket on them and were too wide to fit in my 34 Plymouth. I can give you measurements if you need. I had to use manual ones from Rocky Hinge parts because they were narrower. Let me know I can email you pictures also. I am thinking of using automotive interior board on my car. A friend of mine use the ABS plastic panels on his 1932 Ford coupe. I like the ABS but I thought they were a little high on price. Keep up the great work on your car it really looks Great.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  10. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg ^^^ Thanks man. I'll PM you tomorrow. Time to put the kids to bed now.

Here's a shot of our first ride together a few days ago. My son AJ in blue & my nephew JV in green. We're having a ball. Even in the heat!

brEad and clunker like this.
  11. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Great pictures. This sport is supposed to be about having FUN with old cars. Enjoying it with family just makes it that much better. I see why you need safety latches you are carrying valuable cargo. Give me a PM when you can.

brEad, clunker and Fordor Ron like this.
  12. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

Sweet wood and "headliner" treatment!

Fordor Ron likes this.
  13. A Boner

A Boner

Perfect.....love it!

Fordor Ron likes this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ya doing good

Fordor Ron likes this.
  15. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Your roof insert really looks good. Do you have any in process pictures you could post of it ? So when you said you used a 1/4 plywood under lay meant did you just leave the chicken wire and padding out ?

Fordor Ron likes this.
  16. I have a ton of build pics but can't find them. Give me a minute...

17. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Man, this car is SO bitchin!
    I'm not an early Ford guy, but this car makes me wish I knew enough to build one like it.

Just out of curiosity is there such a thing as a book for total Ford rookies? I don't really know a Model A from a Deuce and of course by admittin that on this forum I may have to turn in my car guy card, lol!

Fordor Ron likes this.
  18. Tried to message you on the pins but can't get through. Can you post a pic on here when you get a minute?

19. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Looks great. Fantastic family hotrod.

20. Thanks guys!

32Hudson-

Here's some top photo's I found. I have some more somewhere but I think these will give you an idea how I did it. The foam pad and vinyl go over this.

Actually, I did the roof twice. The first time was with this Masonite type stuff which kept moving around with the humidity. I re-did it again with 1/4 " plywood.

HPIM1337.JPG HPIM1338.JPG HPIM1345.JPG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    brEad likes this.
  21. A few more detail photos.

Got the cowl vent and screen operational. It took some fiddling to get it done because I'd never really studied how it works.

Door handles are re-pops I found on eBay. HPIM2500.JPG HPIM2501.JPG

brEad likes this.
  22. Here's the motor with Lincoln valve covers on it. I just liked the script on them. I might change them back just for grins....

IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0085.JPG

robracer1 and Eric1967 like this.
  23. I really like this car- plenty of back seat area- our dog would love that- we've been looking for a small station wagon but this would work as well, maybe better-

Fordor Ron likes this.
  24. I like the valve cover deal a lot!

Fordor Ron likes this.
  25. I do too. A lot of people get bent out of shape running Lincoln covers on a Chevy but it's not about that for me. I just like the nod to the past and the suggestion of something old school coupled with the bullet proof reliability of the SBC.

26. Rodders

Rodders

Very nice

Fordor Ron likes this.
  27. Tons of books on Amazon.com about early Fords. But, then again everything is on here as well. Ford Barn has the restoration end of the hobby cornered too.

28. wineslob

wineslob

Love this build. You prove that "hot rodding" is still alive and well just as it would have been in the "day", making do with what you can afford and doing a damn fine job.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  29. clem

clem

Cool hot rod !
    1st stock height 4 door hi-boy that I've seen, that looks just right.
    Clemens

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Fordor Ron likes this.
  30. I love this 4 door - it is a great family ride!!

Fordor Ron likes this.