Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

`28 Ford Roadster for Sale

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Garry Carter, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

City: Spring Branch

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $40K OBO
    IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0673.JPG IMG_0674.JPG IMG_0675.JPG Health issues require me to reluctantly offer my `28 Ford roadster for sale. The car is a genuine original 1928 roadster body that's been channeled 2 1/2" onto a Model A frame. Style is very traditional, although it's not a "period-correct" build owing to conversion to 12-V, Vega-style steering box, and PowerGen alternator. Otherwise, very few components used in the build are newer than WW II. If you want all the details of construction, check out http://www.hopupmagazine.com/hero/loosies-garry-carters-1928-ford/
    The car appeared in HOP UP Magazine a few issues ago, and the link will take you to both a narrative and lots of pictures.

Since that time, I've changed wheels/tires/beauty rings/caps, added a soft top, and rebuilt the bottom end of the engine, and have replaced pressure plate, clutch disc, throwout and pilot bearings etc. Sale of the car will include both complete sets of wheels and tires as well as a car cover. I'll attach a few photos of the car with it's new top and new shoes so you can see how it looks at present.

Sales price is OBO to suggest there may be the slightest amount of wiggle room on the price --- but not a lot. Low-ball offers will generate only the laughter they deserve. And about the only trade that would be of interest to me is if you happen to have a very nice `57 Cadillac coupe. Thanks for looking and listening. Text or call me at 210-884-7372 if you want to talk.

exterminator likes this.
  2. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Let's give this a bump

3. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

And another lift. Hoping you'll call and make me an offer. Who knows????

4. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

New low price ... $36500 OBO. Gimme a call