Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Canada or Bust

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by USMercUte, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

My wife told me when we were back on the ferry talking about the weekend that she has never heard me say so many time "now that's a beautiful car". And it's so true. There were so many beautiful cars there.

falcongeorge and Fedman like this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We hadn't even been there half an hour when I started looking at HAMBer, Thompson Speed Shops black 3-window, I was pacing around the car, kneeling down, shooting photos, and saying " LOOK at this thing! Just look at it! This car was done back when, I KNOW it was..." she looked at me, turned to Emily and said "Forget it, hes gone, hes in another world..." She just rolled her eyes and headed up to the room.:D

Deucedreamer likes this.
  3. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

The absolute best time to walk around was on Sunday morning at about 545-8am. No tourists....just car guys parking their cars, wiping them down and shootin the shit. And most of the cars were there by then. At 10am, my wife and daughter went on the Ladies Poker Walk(Yes!). And my dad and I got to wander around and lose ourselves in the cars!!! It was great.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We took my kid for a carriage ride on Saturday, BIG mistake. The guide told her this pub up the street had three ghosts in it. She was a-ok till I turned out the lights on Saturday night, then she started in asking me about ghosts. Poor little monkey was totally FREAKED. Not a word of exaggeration, I was up with her till 3am before she finally fell asleep. So I kinda slept in on Sunday...:oops:

5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Coho loading up the cars in Port Angeles.
    Port Angeles 1.jpg
    Right side up. Dang cell phones seem to send a lot of pictures up side down.

6. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

There was a bit of a crowd there alright! crowd 1.jpg crowd 2.jpg crowd 3.jpg crowd 4.jpg crowd 6.jpg

falcongeorge likes this.
  7. Internet

Internet

I mainly took pictures of individual pieces to steal ideas, but here are the completes I took. The 20's dodge was really cool, all stock fenderless car with the axles on top of the springs. 20160721_221158.jpg 20160724_053439.jpg 20160724_072501.jpg 20160724_072525.jpg 20160724_072546.jpg 20160724_073404.jpg 20160724_073437.jpg 20160724_074627.jpg

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Internet, I saw your Model A on Saturday night, looked good.
    DSCF0303[1].jpg

9. Internet

Internet

Thanks a bunch! Was a thrash to get it rolling

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its a neat little car, kinda different. I liked it.

11. HuskyV8

HuskyV8

Holy cow that's a Hillman Californian on the left. A very rare car. Wish I could find one of those.

Douglas Street A and W.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Never heard of these so I looked it up, a bit of an odd little duck, but pretty neat.
    That rear roofline resembles early 50's Mopars.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ask and you shall receive. :D $9000 Canadian, a bargain for you using US dollars.
    Listed in Edmonton Kijiji.
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...an/1131318894?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
    The ad text:
    I have the original paperwork for this vehicle. It was purchased new in 1954 and has not been driven since about 1962. Then the car went to the original owner's grandson and then subsequently to my Father who was in the process of restoring it when he passed. Needs a gas tank and a fuel system. Comes with a spare engine and gear box along with the original owner's manual. I forgot to check the mileage so put in a random number. I will edit this ad next time I am at the house.

If you are a British car enthusiast or a vintage car enthusiast in general, you might want to take a look at this beauty. She's a rare one.

This ad has now been cross-posted. Financing and shipping is available.
    1-855-600-7750
    And, pictures too.
    By the way, I do not own the car, nor do I know the owner. :)
    hillman 2.jpg hillman.jpg hillman3.jpg hillman4.jpg hillman5.jpg hillman6.jpg hillman7.jpg hillman8.jpg hillman9.jpg hillman10.jpg

brad2v likes this.
  14. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

Ha! I got one without the half-witted clown!! Deuce dreamer 1.jpg Deuce dreamer.jpg

Deucedreamer and falcongeorge like this.
  15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Much better! :DI was lined up on this one car, and a guy walks up and stops right before he steps into frame, so I assume he sees what I am doing so I press the shutter just as he steps right into the picture. I have never attended a show where so many people were COMPLETELY oblivious to people taking photos.

Deucedreamer likes this.
  16. redo32

redo32

After 10,000 Orientals taking photos you start ignoring everybody. I put my camera away after 10:00. There was just too many people to bother. But then I've been looking at everybody else's pictures of cars I didn't shoot. So thank you for that.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I had just finished taking a pic on Sunday when this fat white chick strolls in front of me and says" you are wasting your time trying to take pictures" in a really snotty condescending tone. I thought about telling her she was waddling too slowly and I already had my shot....:D
    I took the majority of my pics on Friday and Saturday.

18. brad2v

brad2v

Funny Larry was thinking the exact same thing I was when I read this.

19. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW. it is all over so quickly. We were so waiting to go that we actually went a day early and I am glad we were there as the rest of the event went by so quickly. We saw old friends and made new friends, all in a to short period of time. If only I knew it was going to happen in 3 years again, I would be O.K. with that and I hope I didn't just witness the last event. AL CLARK, Thank you - all my H.A.M.B. buddies, Chev Bucket, Internet, DeuceDreamer, Falcon George (didn't get to meet some of you guys but I feel like I know you), and even Can't Spell who was off at a stupid wedding in stupid Baniff. B.C.is the location I will be in in 3 years, the good lord willing. I have been to a lot of car events around the world and this is the finest of them all as far as I am concerned. My wife totally agrees. We titled this thread "Canada or Bust" and we survived. but at our hotel there was a guy from Spokane who reacted to a sign along the road on the poker run to turn them over and he went over the top as his motor expired mid burnout and he had the pictures to prove the rods exited from the block, "BUST". But on the positive side they had enough beer at the hotel to drown their sorrows. H.A.M.B. friendly cars were there in big numbers and if you could't find something you liked it was your own fault. To everyone watching this thread, the event lived up to it's expectations, X 2!! and in the event that it does happen again in 3 years, do you very best to get there, you will not be disappointed.
    On a side note, does anyone have an overall photo of the show and shine after the poker run? We were to blown away to take photos, and that may of been the most spectacular display of hot rods all weekend. We saw a drone flying above, maybe someone could share that footage.
    Off my soapbox, looking forward to see what develops in 3 years. Thanks for all the thoughts, posts, photos, etc. on the tread. It's been a fun ride, happy hot rodding........USMERCUTE

Deucedreamer and RetroSteel like this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Was that the maroon Deuce sedan that was on the roll-back in the lot behind the Days Inn on Saturday?? If you were at the Days Inn we probably walked right past each other a couple times, I was bouncing between that parking lot and the parking lot of the Royal Scott a LOT on Friday and Saturday evening.

The drone was flying over Clover Point when everyone was leaving too. I saw the guys launch it, a couple were wearing club jackets, but I didn't look that close to see who they were.

21. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I talked with the guy flying the drone at the car show after the poker run. He told me the footage would be on the DVD which he said could be ordered online after the event.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

This is the only picture I have of the show after the poker run.

[​IMG]

When I took that picture, there were a ton of cars that had already left and a ton of cars still arriving! It was great.

23. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

I took a few pics at the ranch after the poker run the field was full of cars ! ranch 4.JPG ranch3.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  24. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pics of the poker run. We never finished it. After 3 hours cruising in the car, the kids were hot and tired so we bailed out and went back to the hotel for a swim. Was a good time and was so cool to get to cruise down those beautiful sea side roads and see the areas of Victoria that you wouldn't normally see. Also very cool to see all the locals out in their front yards sitting in lawn chairs and waving and cheering. The kids loved it.
    Internet, great to meet you on Sun. Sorry I didn't chat more, I was exhausted and kind of out of it without my morning coffee yet The car looked great.

25. Thanks for thinking of me. My trip hasn't been that bad. My wife and kids are having a great time. I'll definitely be there in 2019! I've seen a lot of great pictures and that takes away some of my pain.:D

Deucedreamer likes this.
  26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

When I'm shooting pics I like to carry a cattle prod, available at Princess Auto. Works like a charm.

falcongeorge likes this.