Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usernames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Damn, I could have gone to the store, bought the movie, stopped to get dinner, taken the dog for a walk and watched the movie.

Well damn, Lebowski you just deflated my lame attempt at humor.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Mine came from a artist friend. He always said that everything that I worked on I was always the cheap and dirty way, and he drew up a logo for my first time to run at Bonneville in '79 in my belly tank, I ran 200.77mph E/GL.

belly tank dash plack-a.jpg cheap and dirty design2.jpg

3. I just happened to be listening to Link Wray at the time. Guess I'm lucky it wasn't Alice In Chains.

4. oldolds

oldolds

My pop bought his '31 Oldsmobile soon after I was born. It's always been referred to as the Old Olds. I just adopted that as my internet name, email address, ect. I am always surprised that it isn't used when I try it on a new site. Oh, there are usually 10-20 Oldsmobiles on this property on any given day.

5. ...original '70's CB handle,,,,

6. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

My work friends ( trucken buds )started calling me Johnboy about 35 years ago. To get my attention on the cb radio cause we had a couple Johns. It stuck, and I have a 34.

7. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i drive a 29 chevy delivery for the past 20 yrs i had moonshine at a show one time

8. Nickname, Jimmy. B, initial of my surname = Jimmy B

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  9. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got mine from Ebb's Speed Shop. Ebb is the first letter of the first names of the three guys that started it. Ed Novak, Brian Miller, and me, Bob Weber. Brian is on the HAMB as Ebbspeed with just one "s". Ed is more of an O/T car guy, but he's no slouch when it comes to building them.

10. Back in the late 80's (87), when I got my roadster going in primer, I wanted a personalized plate. My late friend, Gary Freeman, had the coveted "HOTROD" on his roadster, but suggested that since it was a '31, that "HOTRODA" would be his second choice. It was a long shot, but sure enough, the TNDMV came through. Course, that was when you could call Nashville and ask the nice lady if your choice(s) were already spoken for. Things have changed!
    Kept it, and the car, ever since.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  11. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

"Scrap metal 48".. **clic the pic** 123.JPG

12. wicarnut

wicarnut

From Wisconsin and I am a car nut. Always was and will be to the end. Always liked Barry Maguire's handle "Car Crazy"

13. L7

L7

being a kid of the 60's - must of watched to many beach movies!
    Not sure which movie but, one quote was something along the line of "you are L7" "what is L7?" then the guy held up his thumbs and forefingers in a L and 7 shape - put them together " Man- You're a square". unfortunately it probably fits me. :)
    Like they say in the song "Wooly Bully" --Don't be L7 learn to dance!

Bugguts, pat59, falcongeorge and 3 others like this.
  14. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Death Row Dave , 3 years Leavenworth Prison Military Death Row .No really a long story but here it goes , many years ago was righting the old Harley with some bros. We stopped to refuel , 1st ride after repaint , candy purple , 5 color candy flames. While fueling up a lady and her young boys were across from me , the boys came over with a million questions . One says " cool bike , where did you get it ?" I answered "I built it while in prison ! "Their mother over heard this and screams "get over here away from him!" Then she proceeds to let me have both barrels , explaining that I have destroyed her's boys , they will never be the same ! So from that day forward it has been Death Row Dave ! Lookin back , I'm thinkin the Mom just wanted a ride with me ! !

15. 48stude

48stude

Boring here, Mine is because of my 48 Stude that I don't own anymore. Bill

16. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I lost a really good job 14 years ago. I sold my 34 Airflow,57 Chev sedan delivery,57 Ford sedan delivery, and my flamed PT to pay depts. I decided 8 years ago since I was getting older I would build one more car. Hence the name. I feel lucky I was able to get my car done except for upholstery. I hope to get at least the seat done sometime.

slack, LowKat, HOTRODPRIMER and 2 others like this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

I signed up around the time this picture appeared....they never put pictures of cars doing burnouts on public roads back then. Yeah, I'm a street squirrel!

[​IMG]

Baron, hotrodharry2, oj and 7 others like this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Way back in the 1970's in the days before the internet there were monthly club newsletters that arrived in the mail box. HOT LINE was for 4Banger Speed Equipment and Vintage dirt track cars. Bill LaRosa was the editor, I was in my 20's at the time, one of the youngest members, and he gave me the nickname The Kid. In 2004 when I found the HAMB I was very busy finding all the parts to build a sister bike to the '37 Harley my Dad bought new, I just combined the two and became The37Kid. Bob

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  19. I'm Webb,I live in Texas.

20. ok...my high school ride if you didn't know was my Stude truck in 1974/75....which it was there in the parking lot most every day - it jumped a few off more times than I remember....mainly because they had a radio and I didn't....stillrunner came about as most would ask about it and ask is it "still running"....they should've know better....registered the name in the early 80's....and it's my business card I pass out....

21. Mine came from my son who has CP and is in a wheelchair, which doesnt slow him down any.
    He was always been around the shop after school and is there now on a daily basis.
    He was always very outgoing and talked to everyone. He got the nickname SPEEDY while in school.
    Most locals refer to our shop as Speedys Garage

22. I just read all of these. Some real cool stories. When I joined, I wanted my user name to be { LO UFO } , like my 29 coupe tag , that's in my avatar. I guess I pushed the wrong buttons, because it used my real name instead. I didn't know how to change it. So now I'm me. lol Ron...

23. I think we have done this in the past!!

I am the first born [of eight] and born in Steele, MO. Ergo, firstinsteele. A LOOONG time ago.

Ben

24. e z i

e z i

Cause I'm in love with that pretty blue/ green glass that was an option in GM cars and trucks.

25. I copied mine from my birth certificate

26. Mine's kinda poking fun at people spelling things with a K other than kustom. It stuck and I use it for everything now. I couldn't use my real name, some other guy was already using Ryan for his username.

27. In 66 I traveled cross country to Hollywood to attend L.A. Art Center College of Design and after I found out I was not Chip Foose, I dropped out and got drafted. Dang, I had to sell my 40 Ford 2dr with 265 for gas money to get there.

28. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I would like to try and explain it but once I get started.................:rolleyes:

29. DIEGO....I live in San Diego
    CHERO.... I own two of these heaps a 1965 and a 1959
    I also have a 63 comet wagon, and a 32 three window I'm building. I may have to change the name some day.