Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Roadster is Alive !!!!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by CARPY, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

The car is too cool!!!!! Leave the fenders on.

2. Squablow

Squablow

Love it, looks great. I think if I had an original '32 grille, I personally would want to run it at some point, and the torque tube headers are a classic as well, although I don't think I'd remove the fenders in order to run them. Either way, looks great.

3. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

Perfect.... just perfect.

Congrats!

4. flyin-t

flyin-t

5. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

That A is one of the nicest I have seen. I've had a ton of them with 32 shells, no fenders and even 32 frames, that car beats them all. I would leave it as is exhaust an all, there is even something honest about jumping out of second gear. The trailer queens don't do that because they never use second gear, just a little traditional hook on the dash will solve that problem or more permanent, the two detent top cover. Love it!

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome car -- well done!

7. Very cool, I like it a lot.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the car but I have to say that the posts made me smile. When all these guys were kids the first thing they would have done it tear the fenders off it and their old man would be standing there on the porch telling them to leave the damn thing alone. Roles change, hot rods are eternal.

9. CARPY

CARPY

my rod 14.jpg
    I took the frog Mouths off as I wanted some finned cleaners to kind of match the finned heads.
    my rod14a.jpg
    These seem to look a lot better in my eyes, hope you like how I am going with it???
    myrod24.jpg
    I took her for a run today, just a few miles as its already 100 degree's and an old radiator too, she seems to run pretty good, she will jump out of second if you let of the clutch quick but that's common on 39 boxes and will fit other gears later on down the road.
    myrod25.jpg
    She sits well but want to bring the arse down just a tad, so need new shocks as the placement on the rear is incorrect for me as they are straight up and down and I want angled shocks, maybe some Pete & Jakes?
    myrod33.jpg
    Frigging cool shot I took with my phone in this heat, she looks pretty sweet if I do say so myself.
    myrod35.jpg
    Thanks for all the cool comments, its great to have a band of people that are as nutty over Hot Rods as I am.
    myrod28.jpg
    I plan to keep her like this for a while but need to make sure she doesnt get too hot, just got some temp Gauges (Sterwart Warner for each head to fit somewhere under the dash this week, that way I can keep my eye on it.
    I have been driving with a thermo gun and check when I stop.
    She was 195 today but its hot here in California.
    myrod36.jpg
    She is turning into a cool Nostalgic Roadster and get many cool compliments whilst driving but got to lower the seat, either remove the riser completely or find an upholsterer who can cut the springs at least 4 inches so my noggin is lower and not above the chopped windshield.
    myrod38.jpg
    Out side my shop, thought this looked pretty cool, awaiting for me to fire the flatty up.
    myrod37.jpg
    I need to make a Belt to hold the hood on and think I can locate some old belts and then look for old latches as I dont like the speedway ones at all.
    myrod39.jpg
    I got some original 1957 Lucite Spheres and drilled and taped them and make a Nostalgic shifter top as I didnt have one and had to use my harbor freight drill press handle top for a while, but these have real Gold leaf in from 1957, I drilled and tapped them all and will offer them to others but its pretty cool i think and has some history too.
    May not be your cup of Tea but real California Gold in there.

myrod40.jpg
    Thanks again for looking at my ride as I do appreciate all your sentiments.
    myrod44.jpg
    More to do and will keep you all posted. let me know if ya need one of these?
    myrod45.jpg

Hotrodmyk and flatout51 like this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got to agree with the others in that car being just so perfect the way it is. I'd go for the rear being a tad lower but that is all I'd do to it. I'd think day in and day out you will find a lot more reasons to drive it with fenders than if it didn't have fenders.

11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the roadster, the color, the stance, EVERYTHING about it ! It will look bitchin' as is or sans fenders and stuff. I do believe you are set. Make sure you "hold" it in second gear while towing that trailer ! LOL..........................................maybe a 2" drop in the rear.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  12. That trailer is the bomb. Wear sunscreen out there.