Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Amy's 1925 T Bucket Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Amy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Amy

Amy

Then it was an awful month of getting the darn thing started.

First the starter was toast so we had it rebuilt and converted to 12v. Once we got it back the gear drive wasn't engaging, so we need to machine the original one and put that back on. Then we had fuel issue, the carbs we rebuilt were just leaking like crazy, realized our old regulator from 58' wasn't actually regulating so we hid a modern one under the chassis, and kept the old one on the firewall. Then we had awful ground issues throughout the T, which kept sneaking up throughout the entire process of wiring it up. Then the darn thing wasn't getting spark. Three days of fiddling with it, going through two ballast resisters and two coils, we finally got spark. Still wouldn't start though.

It sounded as if it was 180 off, but the distributer can only go in one way (doesn't have teeth) and from all the literature we read, and even pictures of the engine in the Nash nearly 10 years ago it didn't look to be 180 off.... but sure enough it was 180 off.

Turned the key and vroom! It idles for a second! With a little fine tuning we got it to run, and pretty good.

<object width="475" height="297"><param value="" name="movie" /><param value="window" name="wmode" /><param value="true" name="allowFullScreen" />

We couldn't believe that after this time of building and dreaming it was running.

There was a local car show a few days from then. So we made it our goal to get there. It was from 6pm-till 10pm and it was mainly Non-Hamb friendly modern cars but a lot of friends were there so we were determined. Every day we worked until the night of the event.

We didn't get their till 9pm but we made it! We actually drove the T. It was a dream come true. We then took it to get a burger, and sitting there eating looking out the window seeing the "Nash-T" sitting out under a street light in a parking spot was truly a sight.

Funny thing is, when we were getting in the T to drive home a couple drove by and saw me getting in the driver seat and yelled out to my husband "Hey! You're not going to let her drive that are you!?" and he replied "Why wouldn't I, it's her car" the look on his face :D

IMG_0705.JPG

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

That's great Amy. So good to see it all together. We've been thinking of painting the bucket on our HA/GR black, but that dark blue looks really nice. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

3. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Wow! Hadn't checked your build progress for a while Amy and not only is the car now finished, but you've become a Mom too! Your little guy will be the envy of his kindergarten class when you pull in the parking lot to drop him off in the "Nash-T". And before you know it, he'll be asking to borrow it followed by, "Can you and Dad help me build my own hotrod?". It looks totally awesome Amy and that Nash engine is the icing on the cake! Now make sure you drive it's wheels off every chance you get! Regards, Dave.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Is it possible to got one of those "birddog" evil stare mug shots of you in that car?

That is an awesome little car you got there! Congratulations on the baby.
    I love the car, and that engine makes it so cool!

The only I would change on that car is putting a little rake in the windshield
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1466317655.679844.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1466317768.140438.jpg

You did really good!! And love the Washington blue with gold/cream interior.

5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Wait a minute...

I just went a little back in the thread and looked at some older post.
    And there is something missing in the newer photos, that was on the old ones :-0

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1466359561.522146.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1466359601.718375.jpg

Did you skip the blower?

6. Amy

Amy

We wanted to get the T running good, and reliable. Then we will add the McCulloch supercharger.

Looking forward to that day! :)

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow! It's been a while, but you updated with a bang. Congrats on a great build. VERY well done!

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

this is a great build , glad to see your car is together and running , love the nash engine ,

9. Damn lovely. Well done.

10. Amy

Amy

Now that I can drive the T around I've been having fun taking pictures in it!

It's definitely photogenic ;)
    IMG_9906.jpg

11. kendall66

kendall66
    from iowa

that's a beautiful seat cover.

brEad likes this.
  12. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal