Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whats the deal with the Hop Up 100mph club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Derek Mitchell, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Only if your very early Iron Duke came with a flathead.

DW

2. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

This is a great thread Im looking into building a belly tank to put my A banger in. I have a 11 ft and change long drop tank. about how much horse power dose it take to push a belly tank over 100 mph? and is it a 3 mile run for this?
    also Is there a list of people in this club? It might be a long shot but I have the parts saved up to build it. If I can get on the project I was wondering if I might be one of the youngest to join these ranks in awhile If I built a tank to run.

Im 21 years old and as you can see my banger is still in the surgery process

[​IMG]

would appreciate any help in this area

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Yes it's a 3 mile run at Bonneville or a 1.3 mile run at El Mirage. Not much differance in speed for my car at one or the other. No guess on the horsepower but i did it so I know you can.

4. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

we only run our banger to the two mile at bonneville. it wouldn't make it all the way to the 3 mile. :D

5. plan9

plan9

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJAyzM7pt0o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJAyzM7pt0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... for pics the Vaughn's roadster is in the last issue of hop up? i forget.... maybe its the issue before last.

6. so a '25 chev 4 not eligible?

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Chevy not eligible as it's not a flathead. However it's Mark's deal, and if he says so, Chevys are elegible.

8. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

nope. flatheads only.

9. dbradley

dbradley

10. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

11. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

So where would I go to get the rules or guidelines to build such a vehicle to run in this class? For example, body style, fenders or no fenders, carbs- updraft, down draft sidedraft? ect, ect......
    Thanks all and it's cool that they put this together.

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

There are no rules that I have observed other than the car be powered by a flathead four cylinder engine legal to run and running at a SCTA/BNI sanctioned event. And that may not be right. You would have to ask Mark Morton who foots the bill for this deal. He can be contacted through Hop Up Magazine on line.

13. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

I will go along with Rich here. As far as I know to enter the club you have to be competing at Bonneville or El Mirage in a V4F class. That means a banger 4 cyl. engine with a flathead. All the people I have seen enter the club have been from one of these events.

Fingers crossed here - I don't know about the drags being eligble.

DW

14. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

15. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

we will have shirts for you guys that brake break or overcome or get passed or anything you want over 100mph get a record and a few other items too. At bonneville 2016 ..