Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by grichards790, Jul 21, 2016.

1. grichards790

grichards790

City: Firth

State: Nebraska
    Price: 8500.00
    SOLD!!! To a fellow HAMB'er pending payment and pickup. Thanks!!!!

ATTACH]3278354[/ATTACH] image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg 1938 Ford 81A Deluxe Coupe. Asking $8500. Clean NE title in my name. I ran across this coupe and couldn't pass it up. Body and frame are really good. Doors are especially clean. Small amount of rust through under the driver door and both sides of the floors in front of the seat. Trunk is very good. Drivers side fenders are probably not saveable and passenger sides need work but could be used. Car was brush painted red at some point in its life. Grille was partially painted as well but is in good shape. I believe all the exterior trim is there but I'm still sorting all the extra parts.

Car sits on original frame and suspension and rolls easily. One tie rod is cut (I assume to turn the wheels?).

It has a complete driveline in it. Motor is a flathead with 59AB heads. I've never owned a flathead so pictures will tell you more than I can. Radiator is still hooked up, oil in motor but I haven't tried to turn it. 3 speed transmission. Fuel line is cut near carb and gas tank is out but I have it.

The interior seems to all be there. Handles, garnish moldings, headliner bows, glove box door (clock is gone but I think there is one in the extra parts) and a few knobs are missing. Original banjo wheel and cap are there. Seat and door panels are rough but complete. Speedo and gauges are in the dash.

Wheels are 16" "wide five's" and include a spare. Tires are very weathered. 3 tires hold air and 4th will hold 24-36 hours. Unsure on spare.

In addition to the car I have a pickup bed of parts that come with it (no body panels). I'm still in the process of going through all of them and will put a list together hopefully this weekend. The parts were bought by the previous owner from a Ford dealer when they closed their doors. Some are new, some are used. There are at least 4 bumpers, 6-8 bumper brackets, Ford script headlights, trim, horns....

I really dig the car and it's a great candidate to restore, street rod or hot rod. Not interested in trading. I have room to store it and don't have to sell it but I know it will sit a long time before I get to it. The price is negotiable.

I have a lot of pictures and can take any specific ones you want but it is easier to email or text them versus trying to upload them. The car is at my place about 30 miles south of Lincoln, Nebraska and you are welcome to come see it in person. Give me a call at 402-694-9005 or send me a message with your questions and email address and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks! Grant

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    flatheadjunkie and flyin-t like this.
  2. grichards790

grichards790

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg BTTT! Made it through most of the parts. Lots of 35-39 Ford parts. 4 V8 shift knobs, 2 glove box clock housings (one with a face that is damaged, one without a face). 2 37 tail light lenses and 4 38/39 lenses. All the exterior grille and hood trim is there. Have everything but the driver rear quarter trim. Adding a picture of all the parts as well as the motor cleaned up a bit. All the parts go with the car. I won't separate them. Thanks! Grant

3. grichards790

grichards790

Bump for the weekend. VIN matches the title for your out of state inspections! Solid car with lots of extra 35-39 parts.

4. grichards790

grichards790

Please delete! Paid for and picked up. Thanks John!!!!