Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Parking and Directionals any ideas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigalturk1, Jul 23, 2016.

1. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

After last months crunch (Willys vs. KIA), I am Re-assembling my Willys.
    I'd like to install a small set of Parking/Directional lights up front... Any Ideas?

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Bulbs within the bottom of the headlight bezels,behind the grille,under the bumper or splash pan,in the splash pan or directly underneath the headlights???
    [​IMG]

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

In the bezel best look but I would not want to disturb original look. Could you stand the [​IMG] headlights with directionals?

4. Who makes those?

5. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

United Pacific makes these, available at Summit 7" about 40 bucks.

6. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Does Speedway still have the bulb in a bulb lights. Bought some for my father in laws coupe about 5 years ago. Uses just a standard amber bulb. Not real bright but gets the job done. Can't bring myself to do the LED thing. Yucko.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. How about using the very simple British style turn signals as used on the A.C. Cobras. Mount one under each headlight.

8. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Under my headlights there's an angle in the fender so it wouldn't sit flush.
    The Parking lamps in the headlights look expensive, also my headlights are new.
    I think that Member_ "Low Budget"_ has the right Idea, especially since I may make my own kind of grille... Mostly because my Home-made Nerf bars will be coming out through the grille area. Great minds think alike!

9. Dr. Remulak

Dr. Remulak
    from Phila. Pa

Willys replacement parts makes a kit to put a turn signal bulb inside the stock headlight bucket , you can hardly see it when it's off. It goes under the headlight between the two chrome bars of the bezel.

10. You can still get these... http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html (scroll down a bit...) with a parking light option. Great headlights to boot. I agree about the LEDs, they always look too 'street roddy'....

11. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Old school build... No billet - nothing fancy