Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The run to Northwest Deuce Days and Beyond!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fuzzy Knight, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Did you make a reservation? The ferry seems to be really busy today(I'm waiting for a 2 sailing wait right now). Tomorrow being Friday, it will probably be even busier.

2. Fedman

Fedman

Good point Deucedreamer,
    The Ferries are really busy, we made a reservation yesterday for Saturday AM and only the 7:00 AM was open for reservations, later sailings were booked.
    Weather Forecast looks absolutely fantastic, cannot wait to see the Spectacle in the Gorgeous Downtown Victoria Harbour.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Holy crap, never even thought of that.

4. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Not too late to make a reservation.

5. Fordy Frd

Fordy Frd

We will be on the 11:00, made reservation a couple months ago, lots of other folks catching the same.

6. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

You send letters?

7. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Traveling South on I-5 to Vancouver Wa on Wednesday and saw 4 or 5 32's heading North and couldn't figure out why in the middle of the week until I saw this post.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes, I actually do...I have relatives overseas, and I will NOT use Skype, I don't want your government watching me type in my boxers...;)

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Smoke signals.

Fedman likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

:D

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Looks as if things are off to a good start. Thx for the pcs, keep them coming!!!!!!!

12. We made reservations via our Canadian buddy's in early January.

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

You fella's are on it! Joe

14. Our group is on the 11:00 ferry as well.

15. Special Ed

Special Ed

I'm envious. What a great roadtrip and a spectacular destination to end up at ...

16. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I heard the cops are on the lookout for silver deuce sedans for random inspections...

falcongeorge and Deucedreamer like this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Special Ed, man, you have reason to be! Sitting in my hotel room right now, couple hours ago I was checking out a 3 window that was chopped at Barris's in the early '50's, then a georgous cloudmist grey '39 convert, little before that, Jim Mcgowens Apache channelled, cycle fendered deuce roadster, earlier I saw that survivor persimmon '40 deluxe coupe that was in HRD about five years ago, man there are historic survivour hot rods all over the damn place!
    Funny, I was supposed to meet Steve aka the39guy sometime over the weekend, we have never actually met face to face, only pmed on the HAMB. So I spotted his light blue '40 parked in frot of Mcgowans Apache outside this restaurant, and I am hanging around his car hoping he will spot me, kept going back and hanging around his car, never saw him. So I give up and go down the street to look at the '39 convert, and there's this guy closely examining the window frames. I say "is this your car?" And he says "I WISH!" So I say, " well, actually I own one of these, that's why I am trying to find the owner, you don't dont see these very often." So we are standing there talking, and I say " yea, I'm putting an Olds rocket in mine..." And he yells "FALCON GEORGE!" So turns out its "39 guy". Funny, as soon as I stopped trying to find him, there he was...

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

wakey, wakey!...time to start posting pics!
    purdy please

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I can't till I get home Larry, I am on my kids iPad right now, and don't not how to load them on to this stupid thing. But there WILL be pics, I promise. Just be patient.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Larry, saw your 3 window down at Clover Point this morning lining up for the poker run. Met "old car guy" down there too, and a guy I literally haven't seen since I was ten, that was a major influence on getting me into '64/'65 Falcons. Saw fuzzy and BCHRAguy too. Haven't seen HemiDeuce yet, Keith, hope you made it over???

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I mentioned it on the other thread, but any HAMBers, feel free to come up and say hello, I am wearing a pale green dragon shirt today, I'll wear a Rodders journal shirt tomorrow.

22. Some shots from Clover Point this morning.
    What a way to start the day!

Attached Files:

ALCAN AV8 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

What are you driving falcon? I'm in a silver deuce Tudor with blue fenders

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I've never seem so many cars go on a poker run!! What a fun time.

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We are in my wife's RAV 4:( the only thing I have running right now is my s10, we can't really fit all three of us in there comfortably.

26. Fedman

Fedman

George, I saw you this AM at the Poker Run Staging area, you were in conversation with someone and I did not want to interrupt. Needed the Bathroom and got stuck in the line from hell! :eek: Cars started leaving before I had my turn in the Blue Lagoon..... :oops: (Note to self..... 2nd Coffee Big Mistake.) Today was the most fun Fedwoman and I have had at a Car Event/Show. Great Weather, Spectacular Scenery, the Poker Run Route took us through some areas I had never seen before and what views they had.
    Lunch Downtown on the Outdoor Patio, looking out at the inner Harbour, and the Non-stop Car Show Cruising by was icing on the Cake. We had to come home at the end of today, but enjoy tomorrow, I am sure it will be great! :)

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Shoulda come up and said hi! I think my wife, daughter and I will be down on the main drag in an hour or so, probably in front of the park. I saw HemiDeuce drive by earlier tonight, about 3:30.
    I had brief talks with Fuzzy and BCHRAguy at Clover Point this morning too. I was just talking to a group of guys from WA state about 20 minutes ago in the parking lot across from the Royal Scott, there is a rumour going around that three local clubs have talked to Al about taking this deal over and doing the next one, so it's POSSIBLE that this may not be the last one. Sure would be a shame to see this show gone.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

FEDman, what were you driving? I was kinda watching for your silver coupe, didn't see it? I could have missed it, that staging area was chaos, cars all over hells half acre!

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Deucendude, I have seen your car a couple times since last night, just took a pice of it a couple hours ago, nice!

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Fitnessguy are you driving your camaro? I think I might have seen it earlier. If you see me, come up and say hi.