Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fenton headers in an A frame

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cuzncletus, Jul 18, 2016.

1. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

I know the passenger side Fenton header doesn't clear the frame but I'm betting that hasn't stopped somebody. Any pictures of frame mods where you've rebraced the bottom of the rail?

2. It would help to know what car and what engine

3. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

Big "Duh" on my part. It's the 29 A rpu in my avatar. The engine is a 59a. The engine has been positioned for the stock hood and radiator. The steering is from an F-1.

4. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

have you thought of getting some tubing bent or pre -bent at several different degrees you can then cut the bends you need from it and cut your headers and reshape them as desired rather than the frame?
    I have a set of fenton headers from an F-1 with a flathead when I pulled the motor I thought I'd save them to modify to fit my model A. This what I plan to do....

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I have used center drop headers , that work great , 59ab in A frame F-1 steering box

6. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

Thanks, Dave. That's plan B. I'm trying to go very traditional pre-53. I know tube headers were around then but I used to see a lot of Fentons when I was a kid in the early 60's. I built my own headers on my flathead powered 39. These Model A headers would be much easier to fabricate but I kind of had my heart set on Fentons. I can cut the frame, then build strength back in. I was just trying to get some ideas from people who had already done it.

7. 31ster

31ster

I had a machinist machine the flanges down on mine. Cut more from back to front and more from bottom than top to tuck them in and roll them down