Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can anyone identify this stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MyCrustyVW, Jul 18, 2016.

1. MyCrustyVW

MyCrustyVW

Hello! I'm not sure where these things came from, what they're for, how old they are etc. The transistor unit has a part number of T6N . I have searched the great google machine and come up with nothing. As it's Mallory surely it must be super go fast stuff yes? The blue one is apparently a sort of coil, the port on the top accepts a standard old plug wire. The third part I did not get closeups of is a resistor with a fancy bracket. Maybe one of you guys will know what this stuff fits!
    I'd say it looks old but what do I know! Thanks for everyone's time.

2. squirrel

squirrel

looks like a Mallory transistor ignition, circa 1962 (from the date codes on the transistors). there's an NOS red box on ebay right now for $50. Nice label on it, no zip code, which is just right for 1962 era stuff.

3. It's interesting - Mallory listed those coils as being Black for 6v and Red for 12v
    I think the blue were Marine 6v but not 100% on that part

4. MyCrustyVW

MyCrustyVW

Nice, thanks for the responses guys! So it's a 6V negative ground setup. So that hokey bracket on the blue coil is supposed to be there, who knew! So I guess it's not worth much of anything. But my Lloyd is 6V I'll put this on it! Thank you again for the help.

5. squirrel

squirrel

Don't be too surprised if it doesn't work after all these years. It might...it might not...old electronic stuff is like that. Usually, we blame it on bad capacitors.

6. set2-s-l1600 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

7. Those images of the instructions blow up well, and hopefully will get you up and running.

Most important things are to disconnect the condenser in the disty, and bypass the existing resistor/resistor wire.