Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

And then...

Gammz and powrshftr like this.
  2. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Wop wop wop ... The gremlins remove another drive shaft.

powrshftr and loudbang like this.
  3. That live feed is great, what part of the steering came apart on the "Missing Link" ?

loudbang likes this.
  4. Spent Friday and Saturday spectating and camping. Great event!
    Thanks again Meltdown Drag Association!

powrshftr likes this.
  5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

6. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Say it isn't so....

Swamp Rat 4 and loudbang like this.
  8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well I did not get to meet or see as many of you guys run as I wanted to . But I could only come down Sat and I had to leave at 6:00. I guess I needed to stay later to see the BIG DOGS RUN!!!! I did get to see James run and yesterdays child and both ran great but I was really impressed with the little white ranchero! It really hooks up and hauls for not having any real tires on her!! What a sleeper! See you next year

Swamp Rat 4 and loudbang like this.
  9. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

Hat's off to the Meltdown crew! Awesome weekend! You guys are the best. Thanks to all that had anything to do with this event. Nothing but fun!

10. cs39ford

cs39ford

X2. Outstanding again. Well done Meltdown crew

racer-x, Dog_Patch and Swamp Rat 4 like this.
  11. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

What an awesome weekend. Can't wait until next year! !!

racer-x and Swamp Rat 4 like this.
  12. funk 49

funk 49

Great job to all involved. Another great time had by all.
    Funk 49

racer-x, Swamp Rat 4 and BCCHOPIT like this.
  13. Thanks fellas. As one of the many MDA members in white we would like to thank each and every person that was at this event. This event would not be what it is without all of you showing up to support it weather you were a spectator, car show participant, racer, or just there to hang out you guys make the event what it is today. So Thank You For Being a part of the 7th ANNUAL MELTDOWN DRAGS.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Swamp Rat 4

Swamp Rat 4

Another Awesome Meltdown Drags!!!!!
    This was the 6th Year that I have attended.
    I hope to have My 65 Dodge Coronet A F/X there next Year.
    A HUGE THANK YOU to the Meltdown Drags Association and Byron Dragway For putting on such a GREAT event every year!!!!

15. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

The Meltdown was unreal everywhere you looked you saw the coolest cars, non stop motorosity. I had a great time, shot a bunch of photos, one of my favorites.....Salty your car looks awesome.
    Thanks Meltdown crew the event was historic.
    DSC_0085.JPG

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Great show Thanks for the live feed for us "LOSERS" who couldn't make it. Awesome I already told my wife that Ethan and I would be there next year if I had to make a donation to get him out of the fundraiser:)

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Did you guys sell any Meltdown T-shirts? Did you have any leftovers you could sell on here?

18. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Thank you Meltdown crew!! We had a great time for the third year in a row. This was the first time I had ever been down the dragstrip. And I was able to do it in a car I built myself. My dad,son and wife were able to come and my daughter was able to live stream from camp. You guys ROCK. Plus the little car ran way better than I had hoped,made the 3 yrs we worked on it worth it. Hotel is booked for next yr, and the little car needs a transmission, but we are ready for the next Meltdowns.

19. 354valiant

354valiant
    from Illinois

Awesome time! GREAT job by the Meltdown guyz and Byron Dragway. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to put on a great event. Pic of my Dad and I match racing Friday night under the lights...Goodtimes just having fun... Thanks again, looking forward to next year.
    [​IMG]

20. Saxxon

Saxxon

BEST MELTDOWN YET !!
    Thank you to the MDA, the town of Byron and the Byron Dragway group for putting on a fantastic weekend. I was skeptical about bringing the 2 new supercharged gasser groups and their elimination format but boy am I happy to have been proven very very wrong... They were incredibly loud, fast and entertaining.

Best weekend ever for Pelissier Family Racing.
    We got the Prefect sorted out (mostly) ran .7 tenths faster than we have ever run prior with a 10.29 / 131 best and then we hot lapped the little rust bucket on Sunday. I am still trying to wrestle the Scout down the track with the new combination. But we made the magazines with 3 wheelie bar bending sky shots, and a picture (and spectator) perfect launch and pass during the live feed (10.18 / 130). Friday we went a best of 9.78 / 138...

Yee haw !!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

The old "Sky Boss" taught Scott a valuable lesson this weekend...it went something like this...

Scott sky.jpg

22. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks to MDA for all the hard work and putting on a great show. Nice to see some faces on here on get to talk for awile. I had my best pass sat night, went 10.60 @125

23. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

How do I find out if any photographers or magazines have any pictures of my car I could purchase?

Swamp Rat 4 likes this.
  24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might check with "moriarity" here on the HAMB...he took a ton of photos and uploading them on a different Meltdown Thread...

loudbang likes this.
  25. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

First of all...awesome car...great to see it in person.

We normally had Judd's Custom Photos there, but they had to cancel. We are going to see if some of the photographers can post their info for guys to try and get some. One photographer said he is going to give us Meltdown guys a copy of the flash drive containing the 8,000 pics he took...I will do my best to help you all out when I get that

oldsjoe, loudbang, 55belairx2 and 4 others like this.
  26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy Cow!

So Jeff, when does the "OFFICIAL 2017 MELTDOWN DRAGS THREAD - WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO GET READY? start up! :eek:

Congrats on another great show!

loudbang and Swamp Rat 4 like this.
  27. pete ores was at the track on Friday. he is the union grove photographer. check his site ores action photography.

28. "Dans hot rod photo"
    You can find him on Facebook.

loudbang, powrshftr and rawcjw19 like this.
  29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I saw Scotts Mustang there on Saturday but did not see it run. I take it from Okiedoker's post that Scotts weekend didn't go as planed. Oh well I guess there is always next year. Larry