Register now to get rid of these ads!

YAY-HOO Cup - Over and Done, or...?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by BLAKE, Jul 7, 2016.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

For the last 6 years or so, we've come out of Austin, Texas to award the Yay-Hoo Cup to the quickest car driven to the HAMB Drag Nationals. The winners get their names affixed to The Cup for posterity and we (eventually) send them a dash plaque to commemorate the victory.

Well... seems things have changed for the Yay-Hoos. "Life", as they say, "has gotten in the way." We will no longer be organizing the competition for The Cup. HOWEVER, before we retire it completely... and before we inadvertently create a gap in the awesome list of annual champions... we are wondering if any other group wants to pick it up and run with it (?).

If so, let me know. It can be your baby from here. Your rules. Yours to manage. Holla.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WildWestRatRods likes this.
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well then. I un-friend you.

-Abone.

zman likes this.
  3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wait a minute, before I un-friend you.... If the Cup no longer happens, what will happen to the actual Cup? HAMB Auction??

-Abone.

zman likes this.
  4. BLAKE

BLAKE

HAMB Museum...?

zman likes this.

5. @BLAKE
    I don't belong to a group but if you make me the official guy that the Yay-Hoos know I'll take it over.

I don't run for the money anyway so it would not be a conflict of interest. I'll communicate with the club and keep it clean. Speaking for myself and probably anyone involved, I say we do not want it to ever be anything but the Yay-Hoo cup.

You're call, run it past the club and let me know.

Scott Mannion and zman like this.
  6. jho

jho
    from Omaha

Thats so weird Malcolm and I just talked about this last night!

7. Build 'em and run 'em fellas. Blake is getting it worked out.

I'm pretty sure that the cup isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Tim likes this.
  8. BLAKE

BLAKE

The truth is strong in PORKNBEANER! We've struck a deal, and he's now the Custodian O' The Cup™. I'll let him lay out any rule changes he/they wanna make, or not, but here's a refresher on how we (used to) do it:
    • Gotta drive your car to the event (at least 150 miles)
    • Gotta sign up to be a contender
    • Gotta update the sign-up sheet with your ET info... have the slip handy, just in case
    • The quickest pass by a contender is deemed that year's Cup Champion
    • The champ gets their name added to The Cup
    • The champ also (eventually) gets a dash plaque to commemorate the victory... but we admit that we're backlogged on these
    Long Live The Cup!!!!

9. Just to thank Blake for the opportunity.

If there are any changes I will announce them soon. But there shouldn't be any changes that will change your racing for the year. The main thing we are after is that you race and have fun.

I am not hard to locate, I check my PMs if you have questions or at the races I am normally hangin' with the *Pharos if you can't find them it is because you couldn't find Joplin.;)

*I am not a Pharo, I just like their company, and they tolerate me.

zman and Tim like this.
  10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What about the rule that you HAD to drink Shiner Bock out of the Cup?? I don't know what was in the Cup before the Shiner, but my tounge is still a little fucked up.

-Abone.

PS. I will be competing for the Cup this year in a vehicle that has yet to be revealed. You all better have your shit together.

zman and Tim like this.
  11. Well its Van Kamps from here on out buddy.:D

Lets make that part up as we go. If we get too stumped on it we'll get a ruling from Will. ;)

Actually it sounds like the field is pretty wide open this year. I have heard one of everything, I think you fellas that are serious will need to look on the main board in a week or so for a pure trash talking session. Unless of course you don't want anyone else to enter and steal your thunder. LOL

Tim likes this.
  12. raven

raven

So are you going to set up a tent and take time-slips?
    r

13. A table? If I set up a tent its for chasing slips not taking them. LOL

The setup will basically be the same as in prior years. I'll look for a strategic place in the pits. Sign up will be the same as always. I need a week to get my shit about me then I'll post something on the main board ( I hope).

I am thinking about some things that may be a little different than the past but nothing that will keep anyone from racing. Just to ease everyone's mind I don't intend to do anything that would be considered leveling the playing field. Its WWE fellas; tables, ladders and chairs. :D

Enough for now. ;)

14. Well there goes the neighborhood!

Hahaha... Really..... Congrats porknbeaner....!!!

15. Well you are absolutely right.

Thanks on both accounts.

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Couldn't have found a better "custodian"! Benno is #1 in my book!

17. Thanks Tex.
    Hey do you still got that Thames?

18. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Nope, sold it last Sept. to a guy in CA. I saw that he's got it for sale already too.

19. daschaefer

daschaefer

I just Want to know if A-Bone is driving the whole way from the east coast again,,,,He still holds the Cup record for the most miles driven to and from
    This year i hope we can get more folks together for the drive to Joplin,, i know Reggie and I will cruise up from Hot Springs Ar..... hoping that more folks can meet up and we all cruise together.
    And I still haven't touched my car since last year, so I'm gonna go slap another motor together Haha

20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there in the top secret project. You better get to work on that old Model A coupe......

See ya, -Abone.

21. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well Beano sounds like you have quite the opportunity here lol I've always wanted to compete but my issue is I live only 3 miles from mokan lol although I probably put as many miles in a month as abone does on his way to the hamb drags on my Willys pickup as I drive it everyday but I fully understand the rules and let's face it I wouldn't win anyway but you never know lol long live the cup

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. BLAKE

BLAKE

Will your new project do this like your flamed A-bone did...?

23. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That little car has been down the dragstrip a million times and the ONE time there is a camera strapped to it, POOF!!
    She must have had stage fright....

-Abone.

PS. Note the shift light screaming at me the whole time. Oops.

wingnutz, guthriesmith and BLAKE like this.
  24. Jeff,that look on your face went from badass to dumbass in a split second!:D HRP

wingnutz and guthriesmith like this.
  25. Rusty

Rusty

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

ABone will start building it this week.

wingnutz, porknbeaner and BLAKE like this.
  27. That is actually 8th grade genius, well this is actually a little early for him. he usually starts the build about 20 minutes before he leaves and finishes it in the parking lot. :D

wingnutz likes this.
  28. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is 8th Grade's Willys from a few years back. We were literally finishing it as it was rolling into the burnout box. I think the first run was a high 11 totally sideways through the traps at about 135mph.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

29. It was pretty cool to see you guys sorting out his fuel injection in the hotel parking lot.

30. That first run even made me a little nervous and nothing bothers me much. he ran a high 11 and covered about 3 miles of track in the process. :D