Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FALCONS - Edjumacate Me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Clik

Clik

[​IMG]
    It's advertised as a 63. Futura? Sprint? Value assuming it's just a body?

2. Pretty much anything is worth a grand these days.

If it is not destroyed on the other side and not rusted completely out I wouldn't mind giving that for it.

3. 65COMET

65COMET

Looks to be a 63.5 FUTURA!There are a few patch panels for these Falcons,not a lot,I hope ALL the trim is there as most if not all is NOT being reproduced!The upholstery IS being repopped,except the dash pieces!Value is an issue,most would walk away from such a car,others would repair it,MAYBE $500 unless the trim is missing,then $0!! JMO , ROY!

4. Being that this is flatbed material, the price plummets when the car is tough to move around. I'd go $1000 if it had clean paperwork.

5. I gave $900 for a Red/Red 63.5 Hardtop Futura as a complete car 170-6/3spd. Had to pull it 450 miles home on a tow dolly... There are floor panels and rear quarters available. They are not great, but are usable.

Get it as cheap as you can lol

6. flatford39

flatford39

That's my favorite Falcon. 63.5 Futura. Anywhere from $500 to $1000. They make real nice cars with the 289SBF in them. I prefer them to the Mustang to tell you the truth.

7. ken bogren

ken bogren

It doesn't appear to have the Sprint or V8 badges on the front fender.
    It could be a Futura Sport which had bucket seats and console, but a six cylinder engine.
    With a bench seat it would be a plain Futura.

8. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

5 lug hubs = V8 car, could be Futura or Sprint. Futura has the letters "Futura" on the rear trunk panel instead of "Falcon".
    Should have had the 260 V8 emblems on the front fenders.

falconsprint63 likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, what is the story behind it? For Sale/ how much being asked? you looking for a big $ project?

10. I count four lugs on the rear hub, looks like it is a 6 cyl Futura, but still a great foundation for a sweet hot rod. Hopefully, it has bucket seats and the console!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Clik

Clik

Thanks guys, but reality just smacked me in the head. I have TOO MANY FRIKIN PROJECTS already!

12. flatford39

flatford39

OK...cool with that but why don't you pass on the info to others as far as asking price etc. Is it a Craigs list add??

13. I have that problem most of the time as well..... I'm just not smart enough to realize it until my wife smacks me in the head ;)

14. Clik

Clik

Yeah, Craigslist Frederick, MD $2000

15. flatford39

flatford39

Thanks for the info...2K is not going to work. Hope someone local gets it for a reasonable price.

16. 62rebel

62rebel

2k IF the seller has all the missing trim isn't actually a bad price. It's not difficult to swap V8 gear into these. Condition of the cowl and floor is EVERYTHING... repairing the floor is pretty straightforward but doing the cowl is a freaking bear. But, lacking the missing parts means a lot of scrounging to bring it back.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That could be a fun one to play with with the right engine and a few suspension upgrades out of the Mustang toy box.

18. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Desirable Falcon.. Should bring $2000 easily...

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Since Clik is bailing, I'll share the ad.
    IMHO, It's worth every bit of 2k once you look at the pics in the ad. The interior is in real decent shape. Price the seats and console. Padded dash and visors were an accessory. Falcons don't go cheap anymore and this is one of the more desirable Falcon models. IIRC, it got the 64 roof line.

Looks to be a Futura Sport; bucket seats, console. From the looks of the B&M shifter, gauges, steering wheel 'updates', you can bet it's already set up for a V-8. Cassette deck indicates 80's/90's era.

Since it's on blocks and sans engine/trans, the seller may take $1500, which would be a steal --especially if he's motivated to sell because he's about to move or really needs the cash.

Side trim, quarters, door are inside car. Shows typical rust. If the floors are solid, that's a bonus and would indicate it may have come from a drier climate or lived in a garage for some time.

A hot 289 or 302 and that thing would be a tire smoker...

https://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/5667126228.html

20. It def looks to be in a lot better shape than the one I paid $900 for last Sept.