Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '37 Chevy Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by C5Corvettefan, Jul 8, 2016.

1. C5Corvettefan

C5Corvettefan
    from Milton, WV

I'd like to remove the original Delco-Lovejoy shocks and replace them with current style shock absorbers, does anyone know if bolt-on or weld-on brkts are available for this upgrade and the shock absorbers used? Thanks!

2. ...here's how I put tube shocks on my 37,...used bottom shock mounts off a 50-54 Chevy pickup,...they bolt on to beam axles, made the upper mounts. (if you need the lower mounts I have some)...the shocks are 50 Chevy p.u. fronts.
    ...if you have the independent front, can't help with tube shocks for that strange set-up.
    37 coupe build 140.jpg

3. C5Corvettefan

C5Corvettefan
    from Milton, WV

That's the info I need Thanks! Do they work good? How about the rear set-up? And how much for the lower front brkts you have? Thanks!

4. ...made my own lower rear brackets,...square tube or angle from frame rail to frame rail for upper mounts,...like this...sent you a PM.
    durand 37 coupe 10-29-14 180.jpg

5. C5Corvettefan

C5Corvettefan
    from Milton, WV

Ok, I see how you made the rear brkts, Thanks

6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

3x4 angle trimmed and drilled for lower , upper a triangular shaped piece with a tab down facing the rear axle . All bolted to the lower flange on the top hat , works like a champ . I had the shock mount on the rear axle facing parallel to the springs .