Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gibbs Spray Lubrication ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modified, Jul 1, 2016.

1. modified

modified

Does anyone have experience using Gibbs Lubricant and can tell me what you think?

Sent from my SM-N900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Gibbs Brand is far and away the best product i have every used. It is the ONLY thing we use in the shop and at home. Its might seem costly compared to other products, but its worth every penny. what i like more than anything is the control of the nozzle. you can make it drip or shoot it across the room.

modified likes this.
  3. great product

Lone Star Mopar and modified like this.
  4. It's the best Lube / Penetrant I have ever used. In my 39 (car in my avatar) the windows in the doors had been rolled down for 40 years, Thank god it was indoors, and the rear windows were rolled up for probably much longer than that. The window regulators on all 4 windows were seized up. 2 squirts on each regulator, still in the car mind you, and let set for 20 min. They were completely free and rolled up and down like brand new. I was blown away. I got Gibbs brand just for protecting Mag wheels, but it does everything great. I had a rusty crank out windshield regulator that I got on E-bay for cheap for my 39 also soaked it down good and let it set over night. Almost all the rust came off with a rag and it works like brand new money. Buy a case of it, you will use every drop! I got mine from @terry k He sells it right here on da HAMB

modified likes this.

5. Not being a Dick here but for sake of reading everything great about it, hit up the search feature.
    I dig the stuff.

modified likes this.
  6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmm what did we do wrong. Had a flathead banjo rear we rebuilt with slide in axles etc and the housing stripped to bare metal but not ready to paint just yet . Perhaps Gibbs doesn't hold up well to moist air conditions as it's mid winter here. The housing went rusty on the top edges in a month or so.

modified likes this.
  7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Use it for penetrating oil, rust remover, and when I have a bare metal Brookville body I'm keeping for a while I put a light coat of Gibbs on the bare metal, doesn't seem to affect painting if cleaned properly.

modified likes this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

Gibbs is great. Whenever I have something rusty or stuck I break out the Gibbs - works every time. And you don't need to flood the parts - I use it sparingly, I've had the same can for several years. Worth every penny.
    I understand that a lot of NHRA fuel racers use it to coat the chassis and don't paint so they can see any cracks or damage in the metal/welds.

modified likes this.
  9. slowmotion

slowmotion

A friend is weld/fab superintendent for a company that makes big-time amusement rides. They coat all their metal stock with Gibbs until ready for use in the fabrication process. Swears by it. The stock may be exposed outdoors for months before scheduled. It's good ca-ca.

modified likes this.
  10. Simply THE BEST!!

modified likes this.
  11. I use it on my bare chromolly frame. I spray it on a rag then wipe down the frame. Best of all its dry to the touch.

modified likes this.
  12. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

swear by it , i coat everything in it . running joke around my shop when ANYTHING breaks ,rusts ,doesn't run, goes missing all of my buddies will say " gibbs it "

modified and AHotRod like this.
  13. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Good stuff, I buy by case ,
    Use on my bare Chrome Molly chassis also ,
    I also use it on magnesium To protect ,
    If you let it penetrate bare Metal ,
    Its bad A$$ ,

modified likes this.
  14. clem

clem

Plenty off great comments !
    Best product I have ever used.
    Goes 4 - 5 times further than most lubricants, so is easily cost effective.

modified likes this.
  15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$48 a can down here!!! My luck was not so good as a rust inhibiter on clean metal , maybe it was the operator, who knows judging by the rave reviews. We to hopeful it keep rust at bay on bright clean steel? Didn't expect rust to appear in a month or so .

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    modified likes this.
  16. if you plan on welding a piece of gibbs treated metal a good washing with brake cleaner is a must. for the mag wheels how well does it work on polished wheels. and does it kill the shine.

modified likes this.
  17. clem

clem

I don't know if it will kill rust, I thought that it was a temporary coating for clean steel.
    I've only used it for a lubricant and anti seize.
    PA 10 (epiglass) can't be painted over it. But most other paints can from what I have read.

modified likes this.
  18. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Halibrands.png Numero uno!! Excellent all around lubricant and makes those Halibrands look so good.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    modified likes this.
  19. I love this shit!!!!
    Coat my roadster with it every year before attending Bonneville..

modified likes this.
  20. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

bought a set chrome zenith wire whls 1991 for a project i thought i would soon finish, coated w/gibbs, there still seting waiting for me to finish car.no rust after seting 25 years, its great stuff

modified likes this.
  21. Mengestwinspeedshop

Mengestwinspeedshop
    from Santa Rosa

Keeps the rust off my car! Wouldn't use anything else
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1467865587.311111.jpg

modified likes this.
  22. The car in my avatar still looks like it does in the photo..and my garage floor wicks up moisture in this humidity lately. Yeah, I've got a few [very few] rust spots beginning on the under side of the floor....everything is bare steel and I haven't coated it with gibbs since '10...good shit!

modified likes this.
  23. modified

modified

I LOVE this stuff!! I wiped my whole car down with it!
    It makes my 12 year old DP90 paint look great!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  24. Any chain store's carry it?, or is specific? I'm going to need some, and if locally, that would be great. If not- no worries, as I will find it. Thanks.

modified likes this.
  25. modified

modified

26. modified

modified

1468181675018.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app