Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Buick multiple carburator setup straight 8 248ci

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Wal Lie, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Wal Lie

Wal Lie

Hi,
    I'm searching for a 2x or 3x carburator setup for my Buick special sedanet 48. Anybody any contact to find something? Here some pics of the car. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461754885.207378.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461754916.192506.jpg

Hnstray likes this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Very, very nice Buick. As you may know, the factory offered "Compound Carburetors" on
    1941 and '42 models. They were optional equipment on Special (40 series) and standard equipment on Supers (50 series) and all the senior models (60, 70, 80, 90 series) However the manifolds for the 320 engines in the senior series will not fit the smaller 248.

I have seen the 248 manifolds for sale several times over the years, in various for sale venues. If you haven't already done so, a "want" ad in the HAMB classified may turn up something, either factory or an Edmunds manifold. If you, or someone you know, has good fabrication skills, building a manifold for an inline engine is not all that difficult and may be worth your consideration.

In any case, a beautiful Buick and best wishes. By the way, where are you located?

Ray

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  3. Wal Lie

Wal Lie

Hi Ray, thank you for your reply. From Belgium/Europe. I'll put an add in the wanted zone. Appreciate it.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Wal Lie,

Just noticed you have a duplicate thread posted.....identical. Perhaps you can delete that 'extra' thread before someone replies to it, to avoid confusion.

Ray

5. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

I have a New rear carburetor if you need one.

6. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

I have a rare as frogs hairs Mallory Magspark dual point distributor with magspark transformer for the Buick straight eight. Both NOS in the box. Pm if interested.

7. cosmic12

cosmic12

I have a 2 carbs intake and if I remember correctly it has 2 strombergs on it. I haven't looked at it in a while and I will have to get in my attic to get it which isn't easy so let me know if interested and I will get it and post a pic or 2.

8. cosmic12

cosmic12

I put these on a PM to you but they didn't go with the message I guess.

Attached Files: