Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Building a new Nailhead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, May 15, 2012.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

If you'll look inside the hole where the plug goes you will see an oil passage on the side of it. Screw a plug in too far and you will block it.

1927graham likes this.
  2. I don't usually run 'em, dad, son rivalry thing I think. But I like them real well too.

They are beautiful motors and the more you know about them the more likable they become. This is good tech, There is a lot to know about nailheads, little quirks that most machinists never know. Nice to see someone actually taking the time to build one right. :cool:

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this is an older post, but I love the engine build threads. Nice job on the nailhead, it's a beauty. I do have one comment regarding you grinding the oil galley plugs on your lathe. I've always been cautioned to never get grinding dust anywhere near my lathe, as it really accelerates the wear on the ways.

1927graham likes this.
  4. This is a good thread, can't learn enough about traditional engines, keep it going!
    Below is a pic of my 322, 54 Roadmaster Nailhead, presently in my avatar.
    DSCN9714.JPG