Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ecklers parts reliable?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by belair_54, Jun 29, 2016.

1. belair_54

belair_54
    from australia

Hi I ordered some rust replacement panels for my 60 El Camino from Ecklers about 12 days ago. On my order form from Ecklers it has items will be Drop shipped from supplier no tracking available, my problem is I live in Australia and getting items delivered to my shipper in California as they were going to be put inside the El camino the thing is the shipper has the El camino but parts haven't arrived yet, I emailed Ecklers but no reply.
    Whats peoples opinion on Ecklers?

2. Don't know much about Ecklers shipping methods as I NEVER use them for anything..Their prices are much too high. They are mostly known for Corvette parts.

3. My son gave me a gift certificate from them last year.
    Spent thirty minutes trying to order, in the end wouldn't take my cert.
    I used it to floss my teeth.

4. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

O.P.G.I. Original Parts Group Inc. Ecklers takes way too long

5. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I ordered some Mustang parts from the a couple years ago. Shipping was slow and correspondence was worse. I cancelled the order and stopped payment on the credit card. I won't order from them again.

Neal

6. belair_54

belair_54
    from australia

They had a 30% off promotion when I bought the parts and were cheaper than most suppliers now I'm not to confident after reading some reviews about their shipping. I will try and call them tonight my time and see whats happening if not satisfied I paid through paypal so may be able to get a refund I hope.

7. Hombre

Hombre

It's not really the money, or should I say it should "NEVER" be about the money. Plenty of horror stories about Ecklers and I mean plenty. I don't have a clue if they are correct or not, but after I read about 10 or so I figured I would spend my money else where.

We here on the Hamb are pretty lucky we have a place I always look first, that is the Hamb O'Dex. Me personally it is ALWAYS the first place I look.

8. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

I used them for years for parts to suit a 71 vette.allways found them good to deal with..get an e mail address of someone and deal with that person only every time you order

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Recently bought some parts for a friends OT Corvette from them. They were drop shipped to my CA address for shipping down under as well, the parts took a while to arrive. I wasn't impressed by their poor contact and response times.

10. town sedan

town sedan

A couple years ago I tried to get a catalog from Dearborn Classics, a division of Eckler's. They couldn't even get something that simple right and it took forever. Since then I've heard a lot about them and decided to go elsewhere with my money.
    Sorry to hear about the frustration your having, but I hope you can enjoy your El Camino when it arrives.
    -Dave

11. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

I have found them to be fine on some things. nunattax has a good suggestion, i have also called to place the order.

12. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i bought some nova parts from them on a monday and got the parts on friday.

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Needed front and rear valance panels for a 63 Chevy. Could not find a pair of NOS panels anywhere. Called Ecklers and asked the sales person where their panels were manufactured, they replied the USA. I was skeptical about the made in USA claim but as I couldn't locate an NOS pair I placed an order. When they arrived the boxes they came in were clearly marked "Made In Taiwan". Fortunately they did fit and were on the car when I sold it.
    Buyer beware.

Gary

14. Yep Ecklers sucks ass and now Macs Auto Parts sucks ass cause Ecklers owns them now. Buy something that will fit in a small padded envelope (should be first class mail) but will charge over $10 for shipping then take almost a week on top of that to ship the damn thing

15. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I was looking to order some parts from Mac's this morning. Two water temperature sensors for a flathead. $17.88 shipping. Too high.

Neal

16. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Use to buy lots from Macs, even paid to be a preferred customer so I could get 10% off everything. Not anymore... I live in Ohio and they're just in NY and the shipping is outrageous. Can buy from Drake on the left coast and its cheaper shipping. Carpenters is cheaper as well. Macs sold us out as far as I'm concerned!

17. mcyunger

mcyunger

we bought some 1957 chevy rear wheel bearings from ecklers. they had the best price we could find and got them in a week. we will buy from them again.

18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've bought from Macs for my Ford and one glass fuel filter from Eklers. I've noticed that I get an e mail from Macs on sales at least 3 times a week. Looking at blocking them. They are abou 80 miles away, maybe next time I might see if local pickup will work. I wish suppliers were all like Summit, for the most part if it's not in stock I won't buy.

19. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

I live about 2 miles from SUMMIT it's like having our own local 'crack house' without the bad teeth!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    INVISIBLEKID and jeffd1988 like this.
  20. Can't provide info for Eckler's, but when I needed some parts for my 59 El Camino I bought them from the El Camino Store back when they were an independent and not owned by Eckler's. Now seems they are part of the Eckler's ownership umbrella, so that is not an option. In fact that may be the vendor you actually ordered the parts from.

If any consolation the parts I ordered did fit OK. The 59 is long sold about 7 years ago to a buyer in Sweden and was shipped there.

21. ahshoe

ahshoe

Since they all are the same Dearborn ,Ecklers, and Mac's, it has gone to hell. Just as I thought it would. I have had several bad dealings with Dearborn in the past and also Ecklers. Shipping costs are a joke too. I always liked Mac's but now that they have a monolopy they suck in every way.

22. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

Omg. Lol. Good thing i dont have one close to me. Ill be in there scratchen for anything. Valve stem covers whatever i can get. Lol

23. burninfatties

burninfatties
    from Ocala, FL

I have purchased from them several times and have always found their shipping to be timely and product quality is excellent!

24. The" dude"

The" dude"

ecklers will at least tell you the shipping cost when you complete your order.

25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know that this is an old thread, but it needs and update.

Update: Mac's, they still suck. (Eckler's owns them now.)

I ordered two replacement quarter panel sections for my Falcon, to replace one that I had previously replaced (one rust, one accident). I re-ordered the same part that I had used before. Same part number, and everything. I even double-checked that the description matched what I previously received.

The front half of the quarter panel was exactly what I had received before. No problem.

This panel arrived 1-week after I ordered it.

This panel, and all of the previous panels were stamped by Schott Metal Products, in Akron Ohio. All quality stuff.

The rear half did not in any way match the body lines of my car, or any Falcon that I have access too. Worse, it was thinner than 22ga., even worse, it did not wrap around by the tail light, like the previous panel. In short, it's a junk panel. Maybe if you were building a dirt track car to look like a Falcon it would work, but not on any street car.

This panel arrived 5-weeks after I ordered it.

This panel had no identifying marks indicating who stamped it, or where (There is some pride in your work!)

They apologized for me not being satisfied with the quality, but not the fact that it did not in any way match the 19-20ga. description, or the features. They said that they would send out another, correct, panel.

It would appear that they have changed to a vendor of an inferior product, with no change in SKU number, or ad copy on the website. Did they think that nobody would notice? There is not a second panel that matches the inferior description for sale by them, so this is not a simple accident of shipment.

I sent it back with the return label, three weeks ago. They received it five business days after that.

Now, nine-weeks later, I have nothing, and they either leave me on infinite hold, don't return my emails.

Such a sad end to a previously good company. I cannot believe that they have not seen all of the bad reviews. They have been up there since they were bought-out. Even now, they seem to have not, and are not taking any steps to repair their reputation.

I am going to have the credit card company pull back the money, and buy the panel from a reputable vendor.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Truck64 likes this.
  26. With everything that has been said about them previously why order from them to begin with? Call Schott's and order from them . If they only sell to dealer's they will probably tell you who to call.

cad-lasalle and Hombre like this.
  27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did call Schott. They said call Eckler's.

They appear to not sell direct.

28. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I order from Mac's all the time and never ever had a problem. I use their toll free number, call in my order and get my order sent to the Mac's store in Lockport NY, where I pick it up in person. No shipping charges. I usually joke around with the lady taking my order and I find them to be quite friendly and the parts ( mostly Model A stuff) always arrive in a timely manner. If you watch their promotions and special limited time pricing, parts can be purchased at discount savings for much less than their competitors. They send me a lot of promo emails and I take note, and order when there is a deal too good to pass up. The lady on the phone always remembers who I am, and knows that I have a good sense of humor, and I'm sure being nice over the phone has paid off as my parts always arrive at the Lockport NY store in a few days.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Call them back and ask who their vendor or distributor is in California. I used to do it on industrial parts all the time and often as not the vendor they told me was one of my primary vendors. I just did it with a sheet metal mfg on Chevy truck parts a week ago and found out that a Chevy truck trinket vendor I buy from was the go to vendor here.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be an 80-hour, 5,300-mile roundtrip drive for me.