Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Car recovered (Syracuse, N.Y)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM, May 11, 2016.

1. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Nice
    HAMBster Power

2. belair

belair

Once in blue moon it works out. Good news.

3. raymay

raymay

Getter back and getter done. That car will now have some cool history behind it. Hope all works out well for you.

4. town sedan

town sedan

This is great news! Wish they could all end this well. sendall your a stand up kind of guy! Yep, the power of the HAMB!
    -Dave

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

HAMBers know of my disdain for thieves and thievery. I read thru the first two pages with little optimism, but then?
    Like a vigilant overseer, Sendall opened a door to its recovery. Kudos, this was 'above & beyond'.
    ...My faith in HAMBan Nature is again renewed.
    I was further appeased with the culprit Van Horn's apprehension in the Albany theft.
    This was a great thread!
    I could write old Batman scripts.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow just saw this thread for the first time. Read through it like a book you can't set down. Love that car! What a great ending!

7. skipperman

skipperman

WOW !!! just read ALL of this thread .... Like the OLD DAYS here on the BEST board on the net !!! Like when the guys here WOULD POLICE "things" for ya ... and congrats to ALL involved ..... VIVA LA HAMB !!!!

8. Moondog13

Moondog13

I am so happy to read this! Hope it lights a fire under your britches and you get her going now. One of my favorite cars here on zee HAMB!

9. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Get the car done and let sendall drive it

Atwater Mike likes this.
  10. sendall

sendall

11. sendall

sendall

Hi Guys

Well Mark picked up his car about a hour ago he seemed very happy ..Just wished he was up front with me about bringing a guy in plain jeans that turns out to be a Sherriff . When a man calls you and has your car in storage for the bank , and tells you as soon as he knows its yours within 2 hrs to beat feet over and pick it up , then after we load it up on his trailer his friend flips out the badge , we had to go get all the paperwork to prove why we had the car . If he had told us up front we could have got the bank involved that had the car towed from the foreclosed property and followed ALL the rules the storage etc. might have taken a few weeks or months to release the back to him after a vin ck and proff of ownership lots of other stuff ..... but we said just pick it up its your car . Now after the paper work swap and the lic. info who knows ....... best part he has his car back and my co. is in the cross hairs
    Thanks again to the site H.A.M.B
    :(

12. town sedan

town sedan

Sendall sorry to hear you got blindsided by the federales. Your still alright in my book. Thank you for your help in this very happy ending.
    -Dave

hipster, Kroombit and Moondog13 like this.
  13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Outstanding outcome.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

14. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

That's a sad way of doing things after you got him his car back.

15. Larry T

Larry T

Kind of takes a little of the luster off a feel good story.

tb33anda3rd and TagMan like this.
  16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

About what I was thinking..Sorry for the cross hairs Sendall but you had the paperwork so you clear, I think mark was nervous......

17. Noble thing you did "sendall"
    I just think anytime a Bank is involved you need to cautious.

18. sendall

sendall

Yes I guess so but after talking to him 3 times thought we understood what took place just uneasy feeling but glad it worked out ,, all but the horn button was missing told him if it was in the yard i would look ..

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Again, congrats to you for stepping up and seeing this through...
    Kinda perplexing, 'the rest of the story'.

lothiandon1940 and hipster like this.
  20. Sporty45

Sporty45

Very cool of you sendall, way beyond the call of duty! I would love to hear from voodoo about this. Where is he?

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Getting reacquainted with his car..He'll be around...

22. That is really cool of you Sendell you are a real stand up guy in my book! I guess Mark just wanted to be sure nothing went wrong after all the time looking ??? Hobo Jim

23. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Al: Sorry you feel like I "blindsided" you. Since this vehicle was reported to the OCSD as stolen, I had to follow their protocol. I also had to meet with the OCSD and show them the car and paperwork this evening. They actually wanted me to press charges and have you arrested. I declined since I truly appreciate your cooperation and feel (like many others) that you did the right thing by me.
    I again thank you for helping me get back my vehicle.

Mark.

koolkemp, hipster, Moondog13 and 2 others like this.
  24. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I love a happy ending.

25. sendall

sendall

never had a problem before they store personal property all the time problem was poor Mark was paying storage at the persons place that was going into bank default and the owner up and left a long time ago but forgot to tell m
    Mark I guess
    Well Isure am glad ou feel that way it WAS a pleasure meeting you All is good from here on out we hope after all we are all car guys and hope to see ou at the shows or stop over some time we can swap stories and look at projects .. Hope the OCSD dosent jump on the bank TO hard that is part of my income ..lol

Iam glad it worked out

26. raymay

raymay

Two partners and I owed a salvage yard for 13 years. We had our own fair share of dealing with law enforcement. While it always turned out OK, having to deal with it I can understand is sometimes necessary but can be very nerve racking.
    We were once raided by multiple NYS Police agencies for a suspected stolen car body that we later found out in court the person reporting it did not even have legal ownership and that our purchase for scrap was done legally. We even asked the officers if we might be doing anything incorrect how could we improve. We got no responses or even any apology for the raid and they never returned the car to us.
    Glad Voodoo got the car back. Nice to see guys like Sendall step up and do the right thing.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  27. Usually an extra $30 with the basic massage...

28. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

The HAMB is the greatest site on the web.

I wish to personally Thank Greg from B'Ville for alerting
    SENDALL that this vehicle was stolen. Whatever the story,
    I have the car back and have persuaded the OCSD to not
    persue charges, etc....

VR&C. (Mark).

29. Looks like every thing out in your favor. HRP