Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Retired,but still work in procurement from time to time. HRP

kiwijeff and falcongeorge like this.
  2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Civil Engineer, specialize mostly in Automotive Test tracks and race tracks. Have also done alot of site work for automotive manufacturing facilities, just about every manufacturer. One of my favorite was the restoration work at Henry Ford's own Greenfield Village in 2002, 2003.

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. Judd

Judd

Social security now was residential, comertial and industrial A C tech for 40 + years. Cancer got me slowed down now so I'm helping a friend go into bussiness for him self tech advice and short jobs I can do before my breath runs out.

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Tool & Die Maker/Pattern Maker, In business 36 years, trade 50 years, served me well. My passions, my business, Racing, Hot Rods/Cars and my family. Retired now, In beautiful Northwoods Wi. w/ Hobby shop, do small jobs for vintage racers and car Buddies. My wife has got me interested in assortment of new things, kayaking, bicycling, walking AND taking the time to stop and smell the roses, I am a very Lucky man.

5. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Since replying previously, I've retired, and moved to Cotacachi, Ecuador.
    Renovating a house, brought my tools and brewing equipment with me.

6. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Fred Garvin, male prostitute.

7. ...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Retired 'lectrictian

9. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Retired? What's that??
    I go to work everyday to pay for my passion, cause no one else is paying for it,,,,

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Scott

Scott

Not Yet retired Elektrishin

11. Not a lot of call for this?
    [​IMG]

Ned Ludd likes this.
  12. Although I posted in this thread years ago, I never listed what I do to pay the bills. For the past 8 years I have worked for PerTronix, I am the Director of Exhaust R&D for the Doug's Headers, Patriot, and JBA Performance Brands. As part of that I also do EPA and CARB Compliance liaison work. On the side I run Dyno Don's Hot Rod Garage where I build a few cars for select clientele.
    Previous to this I have worn many hats: Retail automotive aftermarket stores, Professional Musician (or at least a Drummer), Race Car Shop Fabricator, Music Store owner, Crotch less panty maker, Paid race car driver, Motorcycle Dealer General Manager, Beach Bum, I guess that covers it.

volvobrynk and clunker like this.
  13. thunderplex

thunderplex

I work on a Ford assembly line screwing in the back seats...!!! ..it's an old joke

Sent from my SM-N910V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Speedy Canuck, volvobrynk and clunker like this.
  14. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Parole/probation officer , after 15 years as a police officer it's a slightly different side of the same coin and it gets me off of the streets.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. walter

walter

Corporate Sales MGR for big beautiful trucks! KENWORTH!

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. Moondog13

Moondog13

I run a support department,
    payroll department and do conventions for a very well known adult entertainment company. Been there 5 years and really couldn't be happier although it can be rather stressful. With the bad comes the good though as I'll be in Cartagena, Colombia in 12 days for work. Can't wait!!!

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

To the op Do you work for the government? Lippy

18. atch

atch

I wrote this back in 2005 (post #541). Now I'm retired and in charge of making sure that things on the honeydo list get done.

19. That's way better. Whenever big drawings get unrolled on my desk, I know an architect is not too far away and it triggers a migraine.

20. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Deputy Sheriff for one more year. Prior US Navy

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. nevrDUN51'

nevrDUN51'
    from Nashua, NH

Currently: Union Janitor

Formerly:
    Union Electronic Assembler
    Ford gas and diesel, Hyundai, and Kia Certified Technician (also worked on European cars for 5 years)
    Relocation Engineer (commercial mover/truck driver)
    Licensed Industrial Radiographer (I x-rayed welds, castings, and destructively tested welds, materials, and brazes)

22. 46dodgewc

46dodgewc

I've detailed cars for dealerships and body shops. Went through autobody school. Was a body guy for a while. I now paint small air planes.

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. 41sedanetteowner

41sedanetteowner

[​IMG]
    This is what I drive and operate at work. 24 years in August and counting!

Sent from my SPH-L600 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. This week I am mostly being a Brexiteer

bobss396 and '51 Norm like this.
  25. Timbofor

Timbofor

Machinist. Department lead
    man at a top valve train manufacturer. Mostly high end race stuff. But the occasional one off setup for an orphan car. Just finished a set of custom rockers for a Nash healey a few months ago. Heater finished a set for a Daimler v8 (tiny German hemi from the 50's)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  26. cs39ford

cs39ford

A Assembler for custom pto style gear Boxs for last ten years. Got a year and a few months left till retirement. Also just got laid off time to catch up on my toys and honey do list And hit a few swap meets also!

27. hotrodfords

hotrodfords

This is a great thread - lots of talent here and glad to see so many teachers. I think that's got to be one of the toughest jobs out there!

Started working in dad's machine shop when I was 12, and it was cool. Welding, machining, fabricating, and building. I wore those dirty overalls with pride. I learned alot during the day and built a pretty fast big block '66 Fairlane by night. I basically lived in the shop . I was one of those kids that built model cars and airplanes, and always wanted to fly. So when I was 22 I told dad I was quitting to join the Air Force. To his credit, he was totally supportive even though we were only a 4-man shop and he was losing the heir-to-be for the business. It took a while, but I got what I was chasing after a stint in maintenance, then intel; flew the F-16 for 12 years. I Retired from the Air Force 4 years ago, after 23 years. Now I work for a small defense contractor doing aviation support for the DoD.

kiwijeff likes this.
  28. Police Officer/Deputy Chief - been in law enforcement 20 years, looking forward to retirement in 7 and will either move to a tropical paradise or devote full time to my hobby of traditional hot rods and classics...maybe even get paid doing it.

29. Service Engineer
    Maritime industry specializing in propulsion.

30. Aircraft hyd tech. Before that I owned my own plumbing company.