Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs volvo 544-miniature 48 ford sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59IMPALER, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Yes it is, spot on

They look like sedan doors, that at lower then the van doors. And then chopped to, and that is a classy car!

2. bob cutler

bob cutler

I have a pretty much complete but very rusty 58 444 in the shed not sure what to build but may have parts to sell, it has a 4cyl with 2 carbs

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Do I need to post more pictures to turn you to the dark side? :-D B-)

4. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Chiming in late. My first ride was a $200 `59 PV544 in 1969. When it succumbed to rust worms I scored this `63 122S for $35. Some say they resemble a 53-54 Chevy. Pic is from mid 70's, Gremlin X ralley wheels and I painted it metallic steel blue. They were my early education in working on cars. 63 122S.jpg

Dannerr and volvobrynk like this.
  5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Cool! Thanks for the photos.

6. Sunday I shook hands on buying my mechanics one 544- a car my mother bought him, when they were lovers, so it's the closest my mother got to own a vintage Volvo.
    Plan is mild custom daily driver, sporting a 444 grille or customized early 120 B18 grille, P1800 steering wheel (picked up friday), frenched antennas and maybe lights, my '50 Olds hub caps, and taildraggin' it every day to work!
    The only reason to go with the flat-V8 is the sound- but I'm going to try split exhaust (1+2 in one and 3+4 in the other) to see, how that sounds.
    Who is that guy, @volvobrynk?! The picture is on the cover of the first engine mechanics book, I ever bought...

Keep 'em kruzin!
    Dannerr

7. Saw this at the Bilsport Custom Show

Foto 2016-03-25 13 33 57.jpg

8. Moondog13

Moondog13

Awesome! Pictures pleaaaase! I love these cars. Don't bother with the flathead, source a B20 and you'll be putting out the same amount of ponies with half the weight. If you want to go faster you can still get cams from Isky as well as a couple of others and you can mill the head a bit too.

Dannerr and volvobrynk like this.
  9. Moondog13

Moondog13

This thing made my britches tight. Hahahah

10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Cool, that will be a nice little Scandinavian Hot Rod.

Two grills or typo? I ones saw a 444 with a '72 142 GL grill (the black and alu one), wide 5.5 inches and two inch exhaust. Running a B2.2, with double Weber intake, F-cam and LSD! Nice car.

I would run a 4-2-1 header, 2inch exhaust for more torque, and run Dell-orto's and F-Cam all day long. There is a 1975 242 on Gul&gratis. With that special bell housing for 3500, maybe he take a deal.
    http://www.guloggratis.dk/biler/personbiler/volvo/242/annonce/30204944-volvo-242

That's Tom Belsø in the photo. Used to run different Volvo in his younger days.

Post pics! Please.
    Will you run that instead of the farfar car you have?

Moondog13 and Dannerr like this.
  11. I ran a B20 with E-head (injection heads have larger valves), K-cam (?), Weber 30-something DC... (-AG or -D? Have a similar in my model A - never caused any problems in either cars), cast iron B20 exhaust header (larger than the B18), and an M41 gear box in my 221, named Hippolyta - she ran out the clock and still managed 11km/l ~ 25,87mpg (have once done 12,5km/l ~ 29.4mpg), so no, I'm not even thinking about a flat-V8... that much!

One - either the older PV grille or a chopped up version of the early 120.
    Sounds like I'd like that engine - the 140 grille would probably have to go... fast!
    Close - but I'm saving my dual setups (both of them) for other projects - as this should be a daily driver, I'll put in an economical setup... of sorts!
    Nah, going M45/M47 means changing the drive shaft tunel (at least in the 120 series) - and when keeping below (or arround) 200hp, the M40/41 does the job well enough. If not, I've got spares.
    So, that's him! I have a set of 5,5"s, he supposedly use to race... supposedly.
    Farfar is dead - was replaced by a piss yellow Deuce Golf, (1990 1,6d - now 1,6td 60) early jan., but that's going out the barn, as soon as the roof is fixed!

Oh yeah, and a little som'th'n-som'th'n in the engine compartment, just to fuck people up!

Sorry, no pictures. Was so stunned by the offer, that I didn't get to take any - but I will, when I get it home in the fall/winter (after finishing the house and barn roof).

volvobrynk and Moondog13 like this.
  12. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I thought you meant running the two 122 grills beside each other. Early 444 looks the best!!
    I just like the 142GL because it's narrow and black. And I love them decromed and fast lol

Yes to the engine, nice setup.
    I agree, they do good. MPG, SPG and WOT.

I wound do this for gearbox, the M47 5 speed is shorter and narrower then the M41 4+OD.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1467218506.031092.jpg
    You need to cut tunnel get the OD in, but I think the 5speed fits better.

I run the same engine setup in my Amazon. With OD and Dell'orto's. The Weber is good, but I love the Dell-Orto's!

Dannerr likes this.
  13. senginc

senginc
    from B'ham, AL

A photoshop fenderless 544 I like -
    and a pic of my version of it in progress except a 444 with the split windshield 544 fenderless hi res.jpg 58 Volvo soaking some rays (5).jpg

j hansen likes this.
  14. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Back in the 50's we would chase one all over town when spotted thinking it was a customized Ford

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.