Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 HOT ROD REUNION BOWLING GREEN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsjoe, Jun 20, 2016.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

2. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

3. elgringo71

elgringo71

Fantastic shots, thanks for taking the time to make us drool. I like those fish eye shots too or what ever you call them.

4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

That's all I got for this year! Counting the day's till the next Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion! Look's to be 358 or so!Joe

enloe likes this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am ready and I was glad to see the ragged wagon made the picture cut.

6. Henry Bennett

Henry Bennett

GREAT PICS., Henry.

7. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I think your wagon is damn cool Enloe! Makes me wish I still had my 58! I am ready too! Are you planning on attending the GoodGuys Nostalgia Drags in October? Joe

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

You even took a picture of my 64 Biscayne. Its on page 1 of your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

9. I was there 5 days and can't believe I missed so many cars . Joe , sorry I didn't get to meet you at breakfast Friday but the heat got to me on Thursday and stayed in bed till 9 . Maybe next year . Great pictures , thanks for all the hard work . Blue

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We are thinking about coming and camping again in October

11. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Well it shouldn't be nearly as HOT in October! Joe

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Yep this time it would probably be me and the wife and kids

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

GoodGuys doesn't have near as big a draw as The Hot Rod Reunion. But it is still a cool event. Joe

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Last years Goodguy's event was microscopic compared to the size of the Hot Rod Reunion but the temperatures sure were a lot cooler. We were in the HRR 348-409 pits and they were way out in the extreme North 40. Thank God we were able to drive it rather then walk.

Gary

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  15. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Yes the 409 crew were way down the pits I walked out there Thursday and Friday and it was quite the hike! But worth it! Joe

16. wicarnut

wicarnut

Great Pic's ! Thanks !

17. Thanks for your efforts oldsjoe. Killer photos.

18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I didn't make it this year but I sure felt like I did after viewing your outstanding pics.
    Thanks so much for sharing your huge effort.

19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I bet I deleted 3 dozen pics of cars with giant billet wheels... Lets watch what we post huh?

20. rooman

rooman

Nice! Joe puts in a huge amount of work to put the photos up for those who were not there (and some of us who were and did not get to see it all) and you want to bitch because he is trying to protect his intellectual property. The logo is so subtle that is does not detract from the images.

Roo

21. vicksrods

vicksrods

thanks for posting ....im flattered that you took the time to snap a pic of my 53...

22. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I sure will try and be more diligent on any future posts Moriarity. The program I use to resize pictures to post, uses thumbnail's and sometimes I do get lazy and don't view them as a full view picture. Believe it or not I went through over 2000 pictures and tried to not post any O/T vehicles. I do know through viewing my post some did indeed slip through. My main concentration was on the vehicles year of manufacture, not so much on wheel size or type. It is much harder to pick up on wheel size and billet content on the thumbnail pictures. When taking drag racing action pictures it is very hard to recognize year make and model on the smaller pictures. To be sure I didn't purposely post known O/T vehicles I understand the rules of the site and wouldn't purposely ignore or try to overrun them. I will for sure try and eliminate such vehicles in the future. Joe

Moriarity likes this.
  23. Thank you for all of your time and effort to not only take the pictures but post them here for those of us that cant get to these shows. Ignore the haters about the watermark, they are hardly noticeable. Some folks will bitch about anything free.

24. I AGREE WITH THIS SENTIMENT. Nothing reeks of self importance more than putting your watermark across a photo thinking it's anything more than a fleeting image in time. No one is going to make a dime off these photo's . A thousand guys took the same pictures as the poster. It's America. We can bitch all we want.

wbrw32 likes this.
  25. Thank you Mr Curbspeed..Well said.. at my age,I have earned the right to bitch..LOL

26. I'm sure I will get beat up for my opinion but it's happened before.

JOYFLEA likes this.
  27. As I always say..Dont sweat the small shit..

28. rooman

rooman

"A thousand guys" did not take the time to post them in a public forum where people with no ethics have the opportunity to hijack them for potential profit. I have a lot of friends that are pro photographers and they constantly have to deal with bozos who think nothing of ripping of their intellectual property for their own purposes.

Roo

KoolKat-57, JOYFLEA and oldsjoe like this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If you don't like how he posts his pics there are tons of other threads to look at.

30. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Between Joe and Enloe's photos I saw more cars on the HAMB than I did while I was there!
    The Heat really got to me this year. Thanks for taking the time and walking the miles to show us many of the cars that we missed!
    KK