Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The (T) Bucket List

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 29, 2016.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's cool, and certainly worthy of looking past the fad "T" stuff. It was even cooler in it's original configuration before all the late fifties tinsel got hung on it, when Wally Olsen still owned it. For the record, The Wally Olsen version is one of my favorites bar none.... 12928204_973093502782265_7614617734603152286_n.jpg

But, here is where I sound like an ass.... IT ISN'T A T-BUCKET! It's a track roadster. Same '23-'25 body as a T-Bucket, kinda the same frame, sorta... But that's it. Sorry, but calling every "T" based vehicle a T-bucket is kinda like pointing at sedan anything and calling it a roadster.It's kinda like the guy that points at your hot rod and says "nice rat rod".

EVL401, verde742, dana barlow and 4 others like this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Exactly Chip, it's what I have been saying all along, every T based car is not a T bucket.
    It can also be like having people say nice dune buggy when they see your hot rod. :D

need louvers ? likes this.
  3. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Attached Files:

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Still fighting the good fight I see....

tfeverfred and need louvers ? like this.
  5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

image.jpg
    Found this tid bit of info: This kool little T-Gow Job sitting in front of The West Coasts Cadillac Distributor Don Lee Cadillac-LaSalle Dealership. The caption on the Picture stated that it was Los Angeles as does most other info re: Don Lee as he had Broadcast studios as well, But this little Gow Job which again resembles The Bob Estes T was actually parked on what is now a oneway street in Pasadena at Green -El Molino. The building was Jacob Marse Florist forever, it's right near the Pasadena Play House. It's architecture was the dead give away.
    [​IMG]
    image.jpg
    Pretty kool that it still exists. Don Lee has a mountain named after him (Mt Lee) which has the Hollywood sign mounted on it and his son Tommy Lee was instrumental in early speed equip industry by providing Mal Ord the $'s to mfg his 21 stud Ford V8 speed equip and holding and participating in time trials on Muroc roughly about the time the Army Air Corps took it over and other lakes events as well.
    Tommy Lee had a similar T-Gow Job so I'm wondering if perhaps this was his?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Nailhead A-V8, hotrodfil and 50Fraud like this.
  6. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

Bonneterrre Missouri, new track a few years ago, good time, outlaw track. Pretty much anything goes ,like in the 70's !LOL, love it, I drive about 60 miles to the track, race then drive home, yep, just like the 70's !

7. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mine

Attached Files:

• T02.jpg
      File size:
      255.3 KB
      Views:
    treb11 likes this.
  8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

image.jpg
    I've been looking for a better picture of this 23 T, it belonged to a friend and it's the 1st Hot Rod that I had the chance to cruise around in. and drive .

The first parts that I ever took to Pete & Jake's Hot Rod Repair to have rear radius rods to repaired, it was a great job with big metal bands to maintain strength under acceleration/braking.

It was powered by a 371 Olds, Auto and a B.O.P. Rear End. Mounted in a 28-31 model A that had been shortened and had a suicide front end with a Mor-Drop Axle.

If I can find a better pic, I'll post them.

falcongeorge likes this.
  9. Thanks for all the pics guys!!!! I'm off to do some soul searching.
    I need to figure out what to do with my new toy, picking it up tomorrow
    I have a '55 polysphere motor.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1466205781.348669.jpg

EVL401 and Moondog13 like this.
  10. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

11. I hate to admit to it, but I can remember that location still being the Cadillac dealer into the mid fifties...I think. My wife still orders flowers through Jacob Maarse. This "old" thing sucks.

dana barlow and AndersF like this.
  12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That just means that you have greater personal experiences than some. I like to refer to it as History.
    Good Job becoming Vintage, some never get a chance to ever achieve that greatness.

brEad, Atwater Mike and AndersF like this.
  13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Some from the Hot Rod Reunion from Bowling Green this last weekend.
    There are a bunch more Pics on the thread that is linked in my signature
    My son really liked these cars

Attached Files:

EVL401, Tim_with_a_T and dana barlow like this.
  14. Blake 27

Blake 27

15. Blake 27

Blake 27

16. This any help Fred?

[​IMG]

17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Love this. People the HAMB cut off is early '60s.

[​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

18. I like that one a lot!

19. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Along the Road (1 of 1)-3.jpg Along the Road (1 of 1)-3.jpg Ted Brown 1968. Early Times gathering in a mall parking lot.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    EVL401, Lil32, 26hotrod and 3 others like this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Good job Tom. Icon right there!^^

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thank you.

hotrodfil likes this.
  22. I've considered selling this recently. Took it for a hooligan spin the other day and it still makes me smile enough to hang on to it for a while longer...

tfeverfred likes this.
  23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Don't forget this simple rule, T-buckets cant be driven aggressively. :rolleyes::p

mad mikey and dana barlow like this.
  25. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I know their aren't many out there but we are talking about '50s style "T Buckets".

IMG_0719.jpg

26. butch27

butch27

I like to think that mine is '50s style.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  28. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

George I just checked out that other thread. Nice orange Turtle Deck T. Thanks I missed it as I was at TROG Pismo this last weekend. Another story.

This is a really good thread though and started by a HomeBoy of mine. I've been wanting to get together with Jive-Bomber for a long time. I grew up in OakTown where he lives. Oakland Ca. Now that I know he likes and respects '50s style T Buckets I intend to make a point of getting together with him.

falcongeorge likes this.
  29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I finally got my T-Bucket body home last weekend, my metal mentor came over and looked at it today and was pretty encouraging. The character line below where the cowl top bolts on is flattened, and the metal is torn behind the windshield post. I was figuring I would be cutting that piece out and making a patch, he said "hell no, you can fix whats there, I'll show you how. Besides, making a patch panel would be too easy, you will learn more fixing that mess":eek:
    cowl flange.jpg

I have the flu right now, as soon as I get better we are going to start on repairing that. Looking at this mess, I have a funny feeling he wants to see me push my personal envelope a little!:confused:

30. Koz

Koz

[​IMG]

My body on the loft. Very nice 1918 touring to be cut into a stretched bucket that will set on the chassis I've been building forever.

Power for this sucker. Fresh 283, 1957, with all the right goodies and a 78 case trans and '40 rear. Definitely sets right and has the late '50's look. Nothing newer on the car than about 1960.

[​IMG]

Obviously not the right valve covers on there.