Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods brake shoe relining socal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasolinedeniz, Jun 23, 2016.

1. simple question, anybody knows a company in socal who reline brakshoes ?

2. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

Sure do. If you know where McKenzies off-road is located (807 E. Orangethorpe, Anaheim), in the driveway right next to it and down a little bit is an older guy who relines shoes. He did a motorcycle mini-drum brake shoe on a 5 spoke invader for me. I couldn't find new shoes anywhere and he did it for a few bucks. Bring your drums so he can measure them too. I have no idea what the name of the shop is. It's been a while and he may not be there but it's worth looking into.
    Kevin

1oldtimer likes this.
  3. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

Found it on Google earth. It's called Orange County Brake Services (714) 526-7611 or Orange County Brake Supply (714) 526-7716 It may have changed hands in the last couple years.

4. 42merc

42merc

Long Beach, near Richard Graves' place of business
    I believe it's called Friction Materials. Even did mail order for me.
    They can 'ARC' the shoes as well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016

5. oj

oj

Just be sure that whomever does it can radiase the lining assembly to match your drum. Riveting linings on is the easy part, its the fitting to the drum that makes it all work.

6. http://www.chtopping.com/Home/index.html

Not sure if he does relining but he's into brakes in a big way and nice to work with. Got some custom made braided hoses from him for my 56 which still has 4 wheel drums. I'd use him again.

7. seamus43

seamus43

8. X2, he did my Lincoln shoes.