Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What happened to "featured" So Cal Speed Shop thread?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corndog, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Cleveland Air Volunteers?...

2. 5window

5window

Formerly the Caves, but unless you're in Cleveland, and maybe even if you're in Cleveland, it doesn't really matter.

3. Y'all are just Poor sports I guess.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not being a huge sports fan following the NBA or every other pro sport does not mean that someone is a poor sport.

There's a lot more to life than watching overpaid people playing games.

Not just that, a sport like basketball has never been as big up here in Canada.

Hockey however is another matter :)

5. Yes that's true,
    I'm not a sports fanatic but since it's the 2016 NBA championship, my home team and the BUZZ in the air around town ,,,,

Now ,,,, since you know it's the NBA , that means you ask "who's the Cavs? " facetiously. A trait of poor sports. I know I know they whooped your Canadian team pretty bad. And refereeing to the Cavs as the "caves" is also being a poor sport. Since mike is from California, "the golden state" I'm sure the playoffs hypes were everywhere there as well and, well ,,,, they lost. So yep it's the nobody Cleveland air volunteers from the cave that won. Yep The team sucks but everybody else sucks more I guess.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well obviously hockey is king in our country but basketball is a pretty good second choice, after all it is hockey without a goalie just an elevated net. Remember it was invented by a Canadian! Don't forget that we have had a number of top ten draftees in the NBA draft in the last few years. Didn't Edmonton have a woman's world beater basketball team in the forties?

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Good on the favs, fifty two years is quite a drought without a championship. Next year will be the tie breaker if both the GSW and the CC teams get to the final round.

Now, what was this thread originally about.....?

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My comment was tongue in cheek jokingly made. Not intended to start a huge discussion on the merits of pro sports.
    We should get back to the topic of this thread whatever that was :D

9. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

This thread has taken a strange turn.

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Maybe there will be a stfu or stay on topic?:D

11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Just to re-cap: So-Cal parts, leather upolstery, Cavaliers b-ball. Hmmmm, Golden State from Nor-Cal, leather basketballs, and Chevy (Cavaliers). Yep, it all makes sense and is HAMB related!

12. tomcat11

tomcat11

OK, let me get this straight, the leather upholstered gas pedal in his convertible cavalier faded in Canada on the way to an NBA game in Cleveland?o_O

13. ...........................And then you wonder why these threads get closed?

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That one basketball they used in the final game sure looked like it was a burgundy color in spots.

15. slammed

slammed

Mods must be on holiday....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.