Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I went and looked at a 59 Edsel station wagon Friday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, May 17, 2016.

1. Well I have liked Edsels since I was too little to own one, and '62 is young, uh I hope. I would not shy away from that one if it were within my budget. of course if it were free I couldn't afford to come after it. Not this year anyway I am still paying for my shoulder. LOL

You'll find exactly what you are after I am sure of it.

2. Model T1

Model T1

Well Bruce, I believe you're smarter than you look. Good on passing on the wagon. There have to be better ones someplace in those hills you call home. At your age, boy, you'll be building lots of toys yet. Good luck.

Still at the right price................:eek:

3. Model t 1, how have you been? You all still down in Flordia? Bruce.

4. Porknbeaner ,I hurt all over from years of hard work, and 2 failed total ankle replacements when your young you don't think about thoses thinks. LOL. Dont get me wrong I thought it was a real kool wagon just need too much work or I would of bought it. You still have your bike? Bruce.

Model T1 likes this.
  5. Model T1

Model T1

Bruce there are lots of nice wagons out there that won't take a lot of work. Just sit down and rest that ankle.
    About still in Florida. Yes, for one or two more days then moving back home to Illinois. My ankles are fine. The rest of me plum wore out.
    We dreamed of buying another motorcycle. I don't think I can even hold up a Moped now.:rolleyes:
    At least you and Beaner are still young and cute!;)

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  6. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

Now that patrol car would look good in my yard. I have a 73 Fury wagon that would be a fine yardmate for it. Speaking of Edsel wagons, I took this pic of one that passed thru a couple of years ago Err,,,the 73 wagon can be in your yard, also...

Attached Files:

7. Randy, do you have a couple of pictures of your wagon? Thanks Bruce.

8. There is a guy here that has a pink edsel htp. It had been fixed up a few years back and isnow starting to deteorate. Now he is wanting to sell. he wants to recoup his (investment) I told him if he had invested in a two door of something everyone wants like a 57 chevy or a chevelle ect. he might have a chance. That old edsel wagon would be a money pit. Great if you don't already have sumthin and you can buy it for really cheap..

9. m_conrad_0311

m_conrad_0311
    from TN

Not AR, it is from Delaware.

Sent from my VS987 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. m_conrad_0311

m_conrad_0311
    from TN

Haven't changed anything. Mostly original, repaint in the 90's

11. Yea I am one month into a 4 hour oil pump repair. LOL But it is all I have that runs. The missus wants me to get the A bone finished, she doesn't like me riding in the winter anymore. Actually I don't think she ever did she just has old to fall back on now.:D

I do understand the aches and pains, probably more then most. I work for a while and rest for a while. Some days my post count is way higher then others if you catch my drift. ;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  12. shown50

shown50

I talked to the P.O. about that car a few months ago. It was a cool ride, it didn't have the light when I saw it did ypu add that?

13. shown50, Yes I did .It is removable. I don't want to say anything bad about the P.O. but the car needed a bit of work.I put on all new belts and hoses on and flushed the cooling system. Changed the oil and filter and went over the front end and front brakes. He had the choke wired open and I repaired that so the carb is working the way it should now. I Dropped the trans pan and changed the fluid and filter {very dirty}.I had to replace a leaking power steering hose{which had covered the whole motor with a slimy mess} also. I Did a major tune up on it. It also needed rear brakes too. I cleaned all the mold off everything on the in side and in stalled a interior light.Now she runs like a scaled dog. Now I know why the speedometer goes up to 120.LOL.Bruce.If you want to see more pictures just e mail me [email protected]. P.S. Have you ever seen my Oldsmobile station wagon around.?Its Blue and white

14. shown50

shown50

I almost traded the guy a couple custom ar-15s I had built but after I looked at the car it was more appealing through photos than in person but that light really sets the look of the car off. I was just up your way the other day at the Pottery House eating and hanging out with some guys who bring their cars out to the parking lot and then go for a cruise up and down the strip.

15. SHOWN50 you will have to have to tell me where that place is located. I should bring the Olds station wagon down there.The P.O. let the car sit a while .That's the worse thing you can do to a car. That why I went thru it all to make it safe for the next owner.{thoses funds will go towards the old wagon or another station wagon}.Take care Bruce.

16. shown50

shown50

It is on Thursday people normally show up about 5 bring a lawn chair! It's in the parking lot across from the Old Mill. There is a restaurant called the Pottery House that they meet at normally about 8-10 cars there all the time and more just come and go. There's no age limit although most are 30-60's I'll be in a gold 63 Pontiac Catalina. I'll probably go next week because I will not be off in time today to get up there

17. still a rare wagon...we crushed one no body wanted in 1998....it sat on a 1957 Safari....that also went away.....

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was the roof rack not on the car?

19. m_conrad_0311

m_conrad_0311
    from TN

Bruce and shown50. There is usually a gathering every Friday eavning night at Foothills Mall in Maryville. This Friday they are doing a parade through downtown Maryville from the mall. Line up starts at 545. Leaving around 630. And a car show down by the court house on sat starting at 8am

20. 001.JPG
    Cute, Denny you better get your glasses checked! So you all are finally making the BIG move. Is everything ready at the other house? lol.

21. M-Conrad.Thanks for the information Buddy. Bruce.

22. shown50

shown50

Yeah I've been before it's a nice show on Fridays. I didn't know they did a cruise though that's pretty nice.