Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Rocket Rumble 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Jun 7, 2016.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Coming up June 16th-18th Clarion Waterfront Hotel Indianapolis Ind. I'll be there vending inside. Nice rides, great people and plenty to see. 6 hour drive for me and worth it just for the fun, if you are closer and don;t go you are missing a great event.
    www.indyroadrockets.com
    Stop in and say hello...Moonlight Movies will be there, look for the HAMB banner

2. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well since I got no replies in 10 days am I the only one going? Lot's more spiked watermelon for me !

bengeltiger likes this.
  3. You can have my slice of "Bubba Melon" this year. I think we're going to take a pass on the Rumble this year and go up north of Detroit for the Eyes On Design car show at the Edsel Ford House. Don't worry, I haven't officially joined the wine and cheese crowd. Just time for a little change in the routine. And then I'll probably be right back on the "beer and chips" circuit as usual. :rolleyes:

But somebody will have to cover for me and post lots of pics from the Rumble. :cool:

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'll miss seeing you ClayMart....I don;t get away from the vendor space to take many pics. See you down the road Buddy ...stay safe

5. Champscotty58

Champscotty58

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Have been to the Saturday show early on, but haven't been since it turned into more of a weekend event. Can only consider making it during the day on Friday. Will there be much happening in the early afternoon?

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I might try to make it over there.

8. I'm going Saturday.

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well for those of you that are going I will be vending inside the lobby in the conference room...
    Look for the HAMB Banner and Bettie Page (She'll be with me...and you can take her home for a price!)

10. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Who's ready for a RUMBLE ROAD TRIP?!?!?!?!?!?:) BigBob we are SUPER excited to have you back this year and there was one thing you left out of your post... you have double your vending space which means MORE KOOL STUFF!!!! Redline Bob, you asked a fabulous question and I thought that I would take a moment and go over the weekend and everything that is going so that you are all on the pulse of information:) Starting Thursday we will be having vendors, LOTS of vendors:) We will have vendors outside in the parking lot and 2 rooms inside the hotel. We will also be running hot rod movies all weekend long in the theatre. Thursday evening the following bands will be performing in the ballroom starting at 7:30 Jane Rose and the Dead End Boys, A Man Called Stu and the Twistin' Tarantulas. Friday will be a super busy day too Redline Bob, you will have lots to do:) We will hosting 4 seminars, beginning at 1pm in the Theatre will be NAPA Paint & Supply with Pete Nitzel and 1pm in the Ballroom will be The Art of Burlesque with Jenee Michelle. At 2pm in the Theatre will be Auto Tech Open Discussion with Special Guests and at 2pm in the Ballroom will be Jive and Stroll Dance Lessons with Dez. At 5:30 that evening in the Ballroom is our highly anticipated Burlesque Show with Pur The Company. Adam Lee will then take to the stage followed by Mad Max and the Wild Ones and once again joining us to headline the evening is Dale Watson & the Lonestars:) Saturday will be another FULL day of FUN!!!! Hudson Hornet gets the live music outside started at 1130am followed by: Jeff DeWare and the Bop Thrills, and Mad Max & the Wild Ones:) After the music we will roll in the Pin-Up Stage and that can ONLY mean one thing...... The Pin-Up Contest!!! As soon as Miss Road Rocket is crowned we will move right into the awards ceremony. Now when the awards ceremony is over, THE SHOW IS NOT OVER!!! Beginning at 715pm in the Ballroom will be Cherry Lee and the Hot Rod Hounds, Jittery Jack with Miss Amy, the Rhythm Shakers and topping the night off will be the one and only, Art Adams Band:) So now you are all up on the skinny for the Rumble:) Come on out and check out some fabulous rides, unique vendors, rockin' bands and of course some VERY PRETTY LADIES!!! Feel free to check us out at www.indyroadrockets.com where you can see a full list of our vendors, see some video clips of the bands who will be there and of course check out photos from previous years:) Always remember when you are at the show, should you have any questions what so ever please come to the TIKI BAR and we will be more than happy to help! We couldn't do this without our great sponsors: Ol' Skool Rods, Car Kulture Deluxe, Cornfield Customs and Avon Insurance Associates, INC. We also couldn't do it without all of the CAR PEOPLE:)!!! A BIG THANK YOU also goes out to Mark Thompson of Topes Art for the very kool t-shirt design (which you can see on our website:) See you ALL at the RUMBLE!!!!!!

11. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

See you tomorrow sweetie !

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be in Bowling Green

13. Let's see the pinup contest pics.....................

14. greg

greg

I really hated to miss the Rumble, but they moved the date to the same as NHRA reunion. Really bummed I had to choose.

15. We were bummed about the date move too. Had no choice. There is a big convention in town the weekend of June 24-25 so the hotel was not available, nor would there have been any rooms as well.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I had to chose Bowling Green. Maybe the rockets could move to another location?

Russco likes this.
  18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I was in Bowling Green too, I haven't missed a Road Rockets show in many years either, but Bowling green is Bowling Green

19. The location wasn't the issue. All the hotel's in Indianapolis belong to an extension / alliance of the Chamber of Commerce. Once the City books an event the hotels that belong to this alliance agree that they will not book a large event in their hotel for that weekend. The hotel's who violate this and book other events on these major event weekends are not allowed to have full participation with the Chamber of Commerce.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. greg

greg

Thanks for the info. I knew there had to be a good reason.

21. Tom Culbertson of The Road Rockets just had his shop broken into and a bunch of tools, a customer's '67 GTO, etc. stolen. If anybody hears anything report it. Reward for the car, last I heard.

FityFive likes this.