Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Louisville 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bellytanker, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

Hey, anyone out there going to Louisville this year? We're planning on leaving Ventura, California on July 31st, driving a '28 Ford Sedan Delivery, to arrive in Louisville on the 4th. I know the show starts on August 4th, but I figure three days at the show, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, will be enough. Anyway, we're planning I 40 East, so if anyone else is running about that time, maybe we could hook up and cruise some together. Let me know. Keith

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

FYI there are a LOT less people in the vendor area on Thursday. Just sayin. Have a safe trip.

Bellytanker likes this.
  3. I would do a Thursday- Saturday and maybe plan to leave late Saturday afternoon after the car give away. BA King makes a great point about the vendor area being a lot less crowded on Thursday.

I missed the 1st Nationals in Peoria and been to every one since. Every year we get there Tuesday night. register early on Wednesday and go straight to the fairgrounds. Spend a nice day at the swap meet looking for early deals and looking at the outdoor vendors as well.

Thursday the inside vendor area opens at 10am and closes around 5pm.
    Friday is spent out doors at the swap meet again, pros pick, and the other specialized areas.
    Saturday is a combination of outdoors early in the morning while it is cool and then indoors if the heat gets to be too much until car give away time. After the drawing we leave.

4. Drop by the PerTronix/Doug's Headers/Patriot Exhaust booth in the Vendor Building and say HI

5. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

Agreed, the vendor are is nuts Friday and Saturday. The only thing you miss by going in on Thursday is the "New Product" area, it is closed for judging. Thursday for the vendors, swap meet area on Friday just after lunch and watch the world go by on Saturday....

6. Headin' down Wednesday-leaving Sunday morning-haven't been for a few years and really lookin' forward to it
    Nothing like a 1200 mile rounder in your hot rod to clear your head.

7. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

I will, since we're a muffler shop in Oxnard.

8. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

Thanks for the heads up, I assumed the car giveaway was Sunday. Guess you know what happens when you "assume".

9. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

See ya there

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Will ya'll have a vendor there that will have some headers? I need a set and would like to pick them up there.Need to call and make sure they have the style i need.