Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I just wanted to share this....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Germ, Jun 17, 2016.

?

/

1. Huh?

24 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. What does this shit even mean?

29 vote(s)
    54.7%
  1. Germ

Germ

Yeah, I'm 43 now, not 24 like when the HAMB
    HAMB first started.
    People grow up..
    Well really I haven't much, but my diet no longer consists of fist fights, cocaine, strippers and booze.
    I got two little kids I try and be an influence for. It's hard to do that when Im in and out of jail or rehab every 9 months..
    So in a nutshell, it's still me.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Germ! How cool to see ya! I hope you are doing well and will continue to post.

5window likes this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Good for you. I can say that I like the new Germ better and was never impressed with the drunken ramblings of the old Germ. welcome back

4. Germ - you've been missed. Kids make it all worthwhile, that fightin' shit hurts!

5. verde742

verde742

Seems EVERYBODY matures at different ages, congratulations for taking your kids in-consideration .;)

:mad:seems so many don't anymore.. wish you NUTHIN' but goodness.:D

6. Germ

Germ

Attached Files:

7. Germ

Germ

Another one I got from a box of old junk George tossed out.

dana barlow likes this.
  8. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Germ--You still rule. When I first got on here, a jillion years ago, you were the first to flame me. I figured anyone with that much passion for this stuff had to be on the level. So I`m still here.

OH....Still can see in my mind`s eye that pic taken of you collapsed in the passengers seat of that `53-4 Chevy after you had redecorated the outside of the door......and that is a long time ago....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

stay on facebook man, I deactivated my account for months until a friend of a friend showed me this Germ guy who was posting that blew his mind. keep my newsfeed full of good pics and shit i can relate to...

that car was one of the first customs I saw as a kid and rancheros still make my jeans fit funny, that is a sexy car

10. Welcome back, man.

5window likes this.
  11. hahahha Love the FB postings too !
    "Every Loser needs a fucking hero"

young'n'poor likes this.
  12. Guys I dig that one too...I don't have FB but the wife does...I hack her page so I can go on there...I just wanted to %#>< with him...

13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool shit,man. Wonder what work junior was getting paid for on the 2nd check?

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

The first check bounced I heard. Lippy

15. belair

belair

I remember reading about a famous actor who was tightwad. He would pay with checks, knowing his fans would never cash them because of the autograph. Can't remember who it was.

16. verde742

verde742

Always been one of my favorites,!!!
    so well thought out. bumper done right, looks like a natural, never saw back end of it...?[​IMG]

dana barlow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats a cool piece of history!

18. Thought it was an old post brought to life until I opened it. I was going to joke that the check was written on 4-20...
    Cool to see you're back and post up some more pics of the car!

19. i think it was Joe DiMaggio the ball player.

20. mrloboy

mrloboy

Good to see you back. I don't post often, but you always had something informative to contribute to the subject at task. I look forward to your creative input! Welcome back! Rick

21. Germ

Germ

That shit was a long time ago. Yes I do have a page on Facebook. I still write. That is a passion and something I'm decent at. As for flaming people, I don't care. I come here to look at old kustom history.
    I have no interest in anything else and do not build hot rods anymore. The last thing I built was a traditional lowrider. A 64 Impala.
    I also still like choppers (always did) even though in the last ten years that has just gotten ridiculous..
    I'm really interested in the posts about History. Not people trying to change history with their own stupid interpretations and rules..
    Keep it real..
    I owe a member on her named choprods $50. I would like to pay him the money. I was strung out on heroin for 7 years. That is why I disappeared. If anyone can get in touch with him I would like to PayPal him some money.
    It's an ammends process.
    -FTW
    -germ

LONG, AHotRod, Murphy32 and 1 other person like this.
  22. atch

atch

Germ,

welcome home, man.

I tried to PM Kenny (choprods) but he has his settings set to not allow them. so I tried to call him, but the number I have in my phone for him has been disconnected. so I sent his brother (scarliner) a pm asking him to have Kenny look at this thread.

hope you work this out.

again, welcome back...

23. Germ

Germ

Yeah. I appreciate that. It's important that I PayPal him this money..

24. the-rodster

the-rodster

Germ..

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit.

Rich

25. Germ

Germ

IMG_20160621_220022.jpg Here is some original photos of some neat stuff.
    -germ

lewk, LONG, Surfcityrocker and 2 others like this.
  26. Radness. Keep posting the radness. Thanks!

27. 327Eric

327Eric

Old papers are a fun trail. In about 2000 or 2001 I pulled a decrepit 59 El Camino out of the bushes on a yard cleanup near Auburn Ca. The widow found a folder with some old registrations, a 50 bill paper clipped to an unpaid traffic ticket from 1972, and a handwritten bill of sale, November 1962, signed by (a) Joyce Barris. Went back outside and looked at the thing again, and she was nosed, decked and shaved. Very well too. By the time I came to own the car, the paperwork had disappeared, no doubt In an effort to exploit it. I know what I held, but now it's just a story. As rough as she was, and is, the ElCamino still exists, .

28. The background buildings in the last photos are Angeles Abbey on Compton and Bullis road. Barris used that, the Compton drive in and that house on Abbot a lot for set up shots. This is a good thread. Good luck on your recovery man.....

29. Welcome back,time is a great healer and it appears fatherhood has opened your eyes and I hope the addictions are a thing of the past. HRP