Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Topless from Knoxville Tn to LA ROADSTER SHOW 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking at other social media the car that lost its motor got a new one in the morning and caught up to every one and kept on truckin. Think they made it to California already but I'm not positive. I'm sure they'll weigh in when there day gives them a chance :)

Blue One likes this.
  2. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are a brave soul, Son. It takes GRIT to make that trip. My wife and I have driven our Deuce Highboy from San Antonio to LARS, then to Huntington Beach the year before. Being old, 71 and 69, we have to stop after 350 miles max. Our roadster is considered a puss wagon by my fellow club members because it has a top, curtains, a/c and heat, seat heaters, and overdrive. So I guess it lives up to its name. Good luck on your trip.

seadog, shown50 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool

4. Glad you all made it OK. You're half way.

jackandeuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

This group of lunatics invaded my place yesterday afternoon. I couldn't get rid of them, finally had to kick 'em out at 6:30 this morning !! Gotta' say, we really had a good time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyclone Kevin, wdglide, Stu and 3 others like this.
  7. Not having much luck with cell service so updates have been slow. Been in socal since Wednesday night and been having a blast. Will try to get some updates.

Attached Files:

8. Lunatics? Pretty much sums it up. HA! Goes with the age. I'm too old to keep up with 'em.

9. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes. They shed water quite a bit better.

10. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

They're headed home now? My bet was they'd put some stamps on the roadster and mail it back, then find the Greyhound terminal. Silver lining: What with the record heat and all in the West and Southwest they won't have to worry about getting too cold.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. To cool

Attached Files:

12. VERY COOL, Indeed! The man himself.

13. wicarnut

wicarnut

VERY KOOL ! Trip of a Life Time, Memories made !

14. We had a blast in California and it was great to meet so many nice people. The LA roadsters are a class act. You pull your roadster in, they give you a goodie bag and everyone thanks you for bringing your car to there event. This show is absolutely free for finished roadsters and very inexpensive for everyone else, other promoters should go and take notes.
    Thanks Pete, Derek, and Monique for showing us around and putting up with us.

lothiandon1940 and Tim like this.
  15. Now the journey back, made it to the NV line and rolled through parts of the desert as hot as 108.

Attached Files:

J.Ukrop and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Nice trip Jim be safe and enjoy see you sometime when you get back....................London has been asking wheres Mike and Jim................I tell him probably at work

17. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

I don't want to sound like your mother telling you to eat your vegetables, but you guys remember to drink plenty of Gatorade or similar product. (Beer doesn't count.) In that dry heat you'll sweat and never know it. Your body will become depleted of electrolytes plus fluids. Licking rusty metal for iron or real Halibrands for magnesium doesn't work. When your pee starts looking like frozen orange juice concentrate it's time to do some serious hydration.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. Badass!
    [​IMG]

Pewsplace and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Gawd, I've got to learn how to pose' so I don't look like a Troll. Had a blast with these Guys, Wishing them a safe drive home !

20. Made it to Grand Junction Colorado last night. Drank a shit load of water and it was pretty hot. Kind of weird how you just get used to it and roll on.

Attached Files:

21. I didn't a Model A could swallow a fellar up like that.:D

22. Heard all about your epic trip at Beech Bend Sat. morning. Too cool but we need more pics from the road.
    Safe travels.

23. Drove a steel T roadster to Louisville, KY for the Nats in 1988. Low temp for the trip was 95-96 degree's. I sold it there and drove back in an air conditioned van. There's roadster guys and then there's me. Last roadster for me, and all the credit in the world to you for pulling this trip off.

24. Stopped at our buddies place in canon city colorado. Had a blast and thanks for the hospitality Eddie!

Attached Files:

25. Awesome backdrops for pictures of your roadster!

26. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Keep the Cat pictures coming !

Tim likes this.
  27. mike bowling

mike bowling

You guys are nuts ( and I'm jealous!!)
    Great trip-- Keep on Truckin' !