Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Worlds Smallest V8 Motor...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Worlds Smallest V8 Motor...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. That's cool,but this is traditional!:D HRP

Flathead

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

As much as I hate Facebook, that was worth watching, and that's a REAL W engine compared to VW/Audi/Bugatti's VR6, W8, and W16 engines.
    The only problem is it isn't an "engine" unless it runs on fuel by itself.

4. Well Mike, I dont much like FB myself. Believe it or not I just registered last week. One can choose not to recieve feeds from what you dont want and only to see what you like and I gotta tell you there are very very good groups and info around.
    Any way I get you, compressed air right? Impressive machine and lots of labour into that model anyway.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

As far as choosing feeds on fb, somehow fb recently decided on its own to send me an email whenever one of my "friends" (only 23 because I quit friending people about a decade ago) posts a picture or updates their status. Now I'm swamped with emails full of TMI, and the entire reason I hate fb is because it's a giant TMI machine.

Yes, impressive work there, but I really get jazzed for the miniature engines that actually run on fuel.

Rui likes this.
  6. X2
    X2
    Keep it up. Regards

7. S.F.

S.F.

Makes me wonder where that little engine is today

8. Bud Crane

Bud Crane

I worked at a North Idaho electronics mfg. company in the late 60's. Norm Seymour was my foreman in the Tool and Die department.
    He told me (a hotrodder) not to waste a lot of time on silly projects. He was speaking about his years of work on the "worlds smallest V8".
    As I had read the story about it in Rod & Custom, I wanted to know more. He told me that he ran it in a model boat. When I asked him about it's status, he said that he "ran the hell out of it until I blew it up".
    I regret not asking if he still had it.
    I moved from Idaho to Oregon in 1969 and have no further information on it.

Jive-Bomber likes this.
  9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There are several of these miniature V-8's out there. A couple of them are not internal combustion engines, but are instead powered by compressed air, so they're not really functioning engines. Still, the talent to make one in incredible. There's one video, where the guy assembles the complete engine from it's separate parts, to a running engine. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

10. stimpy

stimpy

we built single-multi cylinder engines in Highschool as part of our advanced machine shop class , I got my plans for mine ( 2 cylinder ) from a live steam magazine and it ran on compressed air , but it could have ran on gas as the compression ratio was high enough, one of the guys built a 4 cylinder and got it to run nitro airplane fuel ( diesel) but could only run it for a minute as the thing got real hot and wasn't really balanced and hopped across the floor . the time it took to build these is a lot . besides the 5 day a week 3 hour class , I spent every open shop night ( 10 hours a week) for the better half of a year building mine . my Dad still has it , probably all rusted from sitting in my old bedroom .

volvobrynk and Rui like this.
  11. Go on and lube it up stimpy, what are you waiting for? Get it running and show us!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

13. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex