Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I wrote yesterday that this thread was started 5 years ago.
    Even better than that, 5 years ago today was the day that Osama Bin Laden was found and killed.
    For me this is very noteworthy as I was at the 9/11 Memorial Museum in New York last Monday.
    Very chilling!

need louvers ? likes this.
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I am interested in shirts myself. 3x if you have them. How is the sedan coming along?.............

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

The sedan is running great. I'm driving it about twice a week and it seems to run better every time.
    I think I have one 3X left. I'll check and let you know next week. I'm heading to New Orleans to my daughter's graduation from law school. And I thought building a Hot Rod was expensive. LOL

loudbang likes this.
  4. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick, Congratulation on your daughters graduation. When mine graduated I was over the moon that one of my offspring made it all the way to a degree!

loudbang likes this.
  5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Rick.Congrats.A friend of mine knows the feeling.His twins graduate this year,and the next youngest graduates next year from the SAME law school.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Pomona this weekend! Crap! That means I have to polish the wheels again.

7. Polish????????????????

8. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

I love my Halibrands, I love my Halibrands, I love my Halibrands........

need louvers ? likes this.
  9. deucemac

deucemac

Rick, I would be more than happy to format a cheering section to urge you on and a bottle of liniment to ease the pain. Are you parking under the trees along with Peter as usual?

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Rick, it was good to see you for that couple of minutes at L.A.R.S. Sorry the car wasn't there, sounded like it wasn't a good subject so I kept my usually wide open mouth shut! Hope all is better now. Thanks a again for the shirt, wearing this as I type.

11. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

When my hotrod is up and running so am I. When its down so am I, I just try not to show it...........

jackandeuces likes this.
  12. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Chip-
    It was great seeing you too. All it ended up being was a pinched wire. Simple fix when one has the time.
    All in all I still had a great time at LARS. Thanks for the louvered key chain! Great idea.
    I'm driving the sedan today to lunch to make up for lost time.
    Rick

need louvers ? and jackandeuces like this.
  13. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Hey Rick, I really enjoyed our visit. Hope you escaped the fire unscathed! Next time I come down,we'll do lunch!

14. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Thursday Evening Dinner ..Ron's and My taillights also went out ..... la ro rick jack.jpg la ro rick jack.jpg

15. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dale-
    I wish I had more time to hang out with with you and Mike but with the fire so close to home, I had more pressing matters. Lunch sounds great and I know a great place for steaks. Right Jack?
    As always, I had a great time visiting with my friends from Virginia. You can't beat good friends and good food.
    Jack-
    Thanks for posting the picture of the cars together. Couldn't you photo shop out the one with the shiny paint? Or at least dull it down? It makes me feel bad. Lol

jackandeuces likes this.
  16. deucemac

deucemac

Rick,

It looks like we will have enough good salt this year. Grab your E&B shirt, A very large brimmed hat, and 10 gallons of !)) sun block and join us this year! Mickey, throw your opinion in with me. Maybe we can get a group shot with everybody wearing their E&B shirts and one of them the B in E&B. We can always hope. It's worth the trip Rick, I'm telling ya!

17. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Rick dropped by last night to hang for a while. Wish I would have made a better effort on the photo taking, but here are a few pictures nonetheless... We are all getting ready for Father's Day weekend!

E & B Sedan.JPG
    The E&B Sedan with Project 40 in the foreground up on the lift. These two cars have not been this close to each other for over 30 years... These two will be tearing up the San Gabriel Valley streets together in the very near future!
    IMG_5720.JPG

Attached Files:

teach'm, jalopy45, Hatchet and 3 others like this.
  18. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Thanks so much for the photos, can't get enough of this hot rod. Glad to see everyone is doin' ok..............

19. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Don't leave out the bitchin FB sedan parked in the background .

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

I'll be watching.

21. Looking forward to seeing these cars hopefully at the Roadster Show or SOCAL open house in a couple of weeks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Greg, hope to see you at So-Cal's Open House! I'm planning to have the 40 in close vicinity of the E & B sedan if we can make it happen. Those two cars made such a huge impression on me as a kid... It would be really cool to have them sitting side by side!
    View attachment 3549398

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[/QUOTE]
    Phil, thanks for the shout out! You can obviously see that the E & B sedan influenced me with my sedan. Here's a better shot of it.
    IMG_2630.JPG

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  23. Barakat

Barakat

Had a great time with Gary and Scott the other night. It was a good excuse to get the sedan out for some exercise. I can't wait to go for an "E" ticket ride in Project 40. For those of you that don't know what that means, ask your parents!

deucemac likes this.
  24. B-Rad

B-Rad
    from Monrovia

Now I know who was taring it up the other night. The neighbors always seem to blame me for stuff i wish i was doing.

25. Phil, thanks for the shout out! You can obviously see that the E & B sedan influenced me with my sedan. Here's a better shot of it.
    View attachment 3549387 [/QUOTE]

Great stuff I hope to meet you also. I'm 37 and live in NZ so I never saw those cars run so to see them is very exciting

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Rick, see you next week...

27. I haven't read this thread in a while...is someone rebuilding/recreating the Moreland/Bauder 40? !!!!

Where is that thread!

28. Been in awe of that '40 for years. Question: did it ever make a full, hard, straight pass?

29. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

From the So-Cal Speed Shop Open House on Friday.
    IMG_5783.JPG

Greg Stokes and jackandeuces like this.
  30. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

I looked for you guys,sorry I missed you.