Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 38 Dodge (aka ,the Boznetic Coupe)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptop4, Oct 7, 2013.

1. choptop4

choptop4

I got my 38 Dodge in 1972.It is my first car .I have dragged this car all over nor-cal .Never had time to work on it.I have built so many cars & bikes for friends and my self and customers.When the last model A truck left my shop last week,I said it's time for the Dodge.
    I took the front end out.I have one that is already rebuilt to put back in.It will be mostly stock looking. Running flat 6 with OHV head ,A833 4 speed to a 8 3/4 rear.Body will have a couple of mods.It will be our one lap around America car. I'll post as I go. Cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. chaz75

chaz75
    from Mesa, AZ

3. choptop4

choptop4

Made patch panels for the driver side of the 1/4 panel.Working the other side and cowl today.It's nice get to work on my own car for change.After I get done with this part ,It's to the rear body panel.The over all body is nice.not much else to do, but run a file over it. Cheers

Attached Files:

4. 35desoto

35desoto

Great to see another Mopar get resurrected. I'm dialled in to see how you go

5. choptop4

choptop4

Today I made new panels for the cowl and the pass side 1/4 panel .Got they welded in .Move to the back of the car next .35desoto ,I have a friend from the north island.His brother has a 38 Dodge sedan there. I think it's all stock .

Attached Files:

6. choptop4

choptop4

This is the worst of the body to be fixed . This car belonged to a friend in school .And he had the body work done by a guy in town. I was just learning the trade and looked at it and said ,looks good ! Man , what a hack ! Slide hammer .
    I'll make new panels . Cheers

Attached Files:

7. 35desoto

35desoto

Let me know where he is - Its a small place down here and most mopar people know the other mopar people. I had beaut 35 Desoto some years ago which was shared many of the Ply /Dodge bits and pieces. Another one of those "I wish I hadn't sold it" ones

8. choptop4

choptop4

Been some time that I posted.Had some time to work on the Boznetic coupe' Made the rear panels and installed them.Today I finished the woodgraining. I'll wetsand with 1500 and add 2or3 more coats of clear.Then on to the next project. Cheers

Attached Files:

9. Nice work and cool project.

That wood grain look on the dash is pretty sweet. How do you get that?

Sent from my flip phone.

10. very cool to see another old MOPAR coming back I'm building a 37 Plymouth

11. choptop4

choptop4

Thanks, Next up. I'll be taking the rearend out and redoing the springs, bushings, shackles.And the install the 8 3/4 rearend. Then the brake lines.

12. choptop4

choptop4

Had some time to work on the boznetic coupe today.metal finished the left rear fender. Hope I can get to the right rear on sunday.

Attached Files:

13. DaveH_RRTX

DaveH_RRTX

Nice work! I'll be watchin this thread for sure.

14. choptop4

choptop4

15. choptop4

choptop4

Had some time to work on the Dodge. Iam fitting the sheet metal one last time, then prime & paint soon. Hope to have paint on in a month or so. Work gets in the way.

Attached Files:

16. choptop4

choptop4

It been a great week. Got primer on the coupe' body. Still have to prime all the other stuff too. But it's coming along. With the help of race car engine builder Al Leist guiding me,I got the engine put together. Al's working on the head now.

Attached Files:

17. DBRoadster

DBRoadster

Nice build! Agree, good to see another Mopar.

Are those custom made oilers in the valvetrain area of the engine?

choptop4 likes this.
  18. choptop4

choptop4

Doing the final sheet metal fitting, then primer.Get the drive train finished over the winter. Just need some small stuff . Cheers

Attached Files:

1952B3b23 likes this.