Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Hot Rod shops / sights map.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by p__moore, Jun 11, 2016.

1. p__moore

p__moore

Hi all
    A few of us are heading to LA for the Fathers Day show on Monday, I made up a map of shops and afew attractions that other travellers may find of value.
    If there`s any must do`s please let me know.
    Cheers
    Pat

Hamb Snip.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Are you open to adding any spots?

3. Hollywood Hot Rods, next door to Old Crow. Maybe Donut Derilicts 9015 Adams Ave, Huntington Beach

4. p__moore

p__moore

Will do HHRs at the same time, is Donuts only on Sat morning?

5. p__moore

p__moore

Time permitting for sure.

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the map. You will do a lot of driving to see all of those. Great shops to visit. Have fun!

p__moore likes this.
  7. toml24

toml24

X2 for Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach. Located at the corner of Adams and Magnolia. Saturday morning 5:30AM-8:30AM. This is the best FREE car show on the West coast. 250 vintage cars and trucks from every decade. Trust me it's worth you time to get up early and check it out.

8. dubnutty

dubnutty

p_moore, any suggestions on seeing any car stuff in your home city? Venturing down under first couple of weeks in December. First Melbourne then up to Cairns/Port Douglas, then Brisbane.

9. Bob's big boy broiler in Downey. may not be any cars there when you go but it WAS Harvey's/Johnie's broiler and you cant beat a Big Boy combo.

10. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Sweet, we're #3 on your map!

:cool:

11. squirrel

squirrel

Last time I was in the LA area, all I did was go drag racing

autoclub.jpg

12. Yes, Donut Derelicts is only Saturdays, about 6 to 9 am, so early enough to go and get up to LA Roadsters show, unless you want the swap meet at the show of course!

13. Also Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake, Fridays 6pm until ?

14. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Blairs Speed Shop in Pasadena
    Iconic

15. Oh, and for just viewing some of the best cars in the world....The Nethercutt Museum:
    15151 Bledsoe Street
    Sylmar, CA 91342

HellsHotRods likes this.
  16. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

X2 for this spectacular museum! The show room for the "good stuff" is jaw-dropping. And the collection of odd-ball musical stuff is fantastical. Go, you will love it.

17. I believe you have to make a reservation for tickets to the Nethercutt.

They have among the best 30's art deco cars on the first floor of the Petersen right now. They claim the Silver riveted Bugatti to be the most expensive car in the world, 50 million+ value.
    I recently did the Petersen Vault tour, there are about 6-10 AMBR winner in a row, Roth's Outlaw and a few other cool hotrods down there. The rest are mostly cars of historical significance.

There is also a small automotive museum behind LAX, called Automotive Driving Museum.
    http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/

also check
    socalcarculture.com/events.html

18. That is the 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic. One of four, usually at Peter Mullins Museum in Oxnard. That is another great museum in the SoCal area, but I do not know what days it is open. A bib is required before entering due to attendees habit to drool excessively....Just spectacular Deco cars.

19. RipBowl

RipBowl
    from Sydney

Great list so far, I'm heading over in October for TROG, sleeping in my car and cruising around all these places.

I stumbled upon these last time i was over there

Reids Rod Parts
    CW Moss
    Blacktop Depot all next to each other in Orange, cool place to walk around all the antique shops on the Orange Circle

420 W. Chapman Ave.
    Orange, CA 92866-1308

Blues4U likes this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

while at any of these locations/events be sure to take pics & post here

21. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

NO RESERVATION needed for the main museum of 300 cars at ground level. You only need a reservation for the 5 story building across the street. FREE entry. Amazing cars there.

abe lugo likes this.
  22. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

CW Moss in Orange on Chapman should be on the map, it's close to Circle City Hot Rods

23. toml24

toml24

about 1 mile South of LAX Airport is:
    Automobile Driving Museum
    610 Lairport Street (correct spelling)
    El Segundo, CA. 90245
    Open Tuesday through Sunday 10:00AM-4:00PM
    This is a non-profit museum. A donation of $10.00 is asked.
    Don't be put off by the plain drab brick facade or the lack of large signage. This is an excellent museum worthy of your time.

24. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Those are all great ideas.
    I'd say X2 on the Nethercutt and Peterson.
    Bobs in Toluca Lake on Friday is good
    Bobs in Northridge is ok..
    If you are into other machines, the Planes of Fame Air museum and Yanks air museum in Chino are close by and have amazing collections of warbirds and if your into trains, travel town in Griffith Park is pretty cool.

Plan your activities close to each other. LA traffic is terrible. Places can look close to each other on a map, but It can take you an hour to go 5 miles.

25. toml24

toml24

Also a great museum is the Wally Parks NHRA Drag Racing Museum in Pomona at the LA County Fairgrounds. More than just drag racing, this museum has a fantastic collection of historical cars and memorabilia. It's worth the drive.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. Flathed Rick

Flathed Rick

And don't forget Autobooks/Aerobooks on Magnolia in Burbank - they are having a booksigning saturday 6/16/16 featuring Ventura County racing ( and have had the Brit "Wheeler-Dealers" there previously, and still have some of their signed copies). Leaning towards the roadracers, rodding is well represented, and according to their website they have (maybe past tense?) "HOP UP" Magazine V12 #1 for sale. see @ https://www.autobooks-aerobooks.com/

\"HOP UP\" Vol 12 #1.jpg

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

btt - we need pics from shops, etc

29. Colin HD

Colin HD

Justice Bros museum

30. 32Stoker

32Stoker

Early Rodders gathering at the UA La Canada 8 Theatre every Sat from 6:30 to 8:30a. Best collection of authentic / collectible muscle cars, hot rods, and customs owned by SoCal OG's. I expect a smaller the normal turnout this week as most of the guys will be at LARS. Enjoy!