Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 59 edsel wagon build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greg, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Nice job bringing another one back to life. What have you done to it in the last couple of months? I have a '60 and live pretty close to you. If you ever drive it to Louisville let me know because I'm at exit 17 of I-71 and my house is half a mile from the off ramp. Stop by around lunch time and there's a free meal in it for you. Just PM me. Thanks..............Dave

PICT0035.JPG

2. I took the CC850 springs out of my '59 Ford Custom 300, the 15" tires scraped the inner fender on tight turns. I put the OG ones back in, less 1 coil. Spring rate went from 414 to 495 which is still okay. I used a spring formula to do the calculation. I may possibly take another 1/2 coil out of them depending on how it rides.

3. greg

greg

Updates have been slow going. I now have exhaust on the car. I went with 2" duals all the way back, with no mufflers. Its crazy loud!!!! But I like it. I need to see what it sounds like going down the road, but with the old bias plys, im not getting it over about 35mph, for now. Ive decided against the wide whites because of the price, and will be putting normal whitewalls on it when I get them.
    I havent posted pics because not much has changed, just tinkering around on the little things as they come up.

4. greg

greg

Lebowski, sounds like a plan.
    Bobss396, the ride height is ok for now, but they do seem really soft, so some "at speed" driving will tell me a lot.

5. greg

greg

Been a while, so here are some updates.
    Installed original front springs back in. I had them load checked and they're even. The moog were just too soft.

Last weekend I had the glass guy, cj's auto glass, install the windshield. It was in the rear of the wagon when I bought it. I had to weld a couple of rust holes above the windshield and paint around the opening.

Installed 3 point seat belts in the front, and carpet from custom auto carpet.

I have new tires installed.

The wagon is really close for cruising. Should have taken more pics along the way.

Sent from my SM-G925V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app