Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1929 Ford Model A Roadster AV8 Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Nevala, Mar 2, 2016.

1. City: Georgetown

State: TEXAS!
    Price: 16000.00
    I have for sale a 1929 Ford Model A Roadster. I had big plans for this car, but I have run out of money, time, and health to finish it right. Fact is, I'm losing my eyesight. I've done a lot of parts chasing to get most of the correct ingredients to do this car right, according to the Bishop / Tardel book. The parts would be included with the sale of the car, and not sold separately whatsoever.

[​IMG]

The Car:
    The car came from Tyler Texas in roughly stock condition and was owned by a Judge in that area. I have some documents from the history of the car, that were forwarded to me by the previous owner. The car has a bonded Texas title in my name, and the title matches the engine number. I have not checked the frame rail for a number.

The Car has the common rust in the rear quarters at the wheel wells, and some bubbling at the sub-rails in that area. It's a rumble-seat car. All four fenders are included with the sale of the car, however the front mounting bolt locations have rust through. Running boards are included, but are in rough shape. Splash aprons have been cut through, and are not serviceable. Headlights, Taillights, Dual horns, Full top framework and the mounts are all included with the car.

The Car was running and driving up until two years ago, albeit not street legally due to no headlights or tail lights currently installed. In its current state, the car cannot be driven. It could be easily loaded into a trailer. I recommend an enclosed trailer due to the amount of extra parts that come with the sale of the vehicle. More photographs of the vehicle are located in my Album at

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/media/albums/29a.25899/

The Parts:
    Included with the purchase of the car are the following:
    1 1932 Ford Unsplit Wishbone
    1 1932 Ford Pedal Assembly (Your choice of an OEM Stock Assembly -or- OEM Stock Assembly modified for rear of K Member braking)
    1 1932 Ford Undropped Heavy Front Axle
    1 Model A Ford Rear Frame Crossmember
    1 Model A Ford Center Frame Crossmember
    1 Vern Tardel Aftermarket 1932 Ford K Member for Model A Ford (new)
    1 Ford F1 Center Cross Member
    1 SoCal Speed Shop Dropped Model A Front Frame Crossmember (new)
    1 set of loose Model A Ford Frame Rails in Salvageable Condition
    1 1942-1948 59A Ford Flathead Long Block of unknown condition
    1 1940 Ford Toploader 78 Series case and shifter with internals of unknown serviceability
    1 1940 Ford Rear Axle and Torque Tube of unknown serviceability
    1 Ford F1 Steering Column, Steering Box, and Pitman Arm.
    1 Reproduction 1932 Ford Grille Shell and Stainless Insert - No Crank Hole on Insert
    1 1932 Ford Grille Shell in rough condition, but filled at the top.
    1 1940 Ford Steering Wheel in decent condition.
    4 Reproduction 1940 Ford Steel Wheels and mounted Firestone Bias Ply tires
    2 1928-1931 Ford Sedan Front Seat Frames and Springs (need Restoration)
    1 Pair Reproduction 1928-1929 Ford stock height Windshield Stanchions in Aluminum (undrilled)
    1 1928-1929 Ford OEM Cowl Gas Tank in unknown serviceability.
    1 Set of Reproduction early Ford hub caps.
    2 nearly complete Stromberg 97's with big logo.

The Deal:
    I'm not firm on the price; talk to me with your offer. Worst I can say is no.
    I will only sell the car and collection of parts to a current HAMB Alliance member with a verified address on file, and a post history. I'm going to ask folks about you.
    I will only sell the car and collection of parts as is / where is. I will not ship this car and parts.
    I will not separate the parts from the car for any sale. All or nothing. It pains me to sell, and I wont be picked apart like vultures on roadkill.
    Absolutely cash only, and in hand when you pick it up. No payment plan, no credit card, no checks.

The Cool Part:
    I am located about 45minutes to an hour north of Austin Texas, between the IH35 and 183 corridor. I have 2 acres of fenced in land, that's suitable for parking a trailer for the duration of the transaction to help facilitate picking the car and parts up.

I can be reached via private message, or email at [email protected]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    grifcarnut likes this.
  2. Any interest?

3. Bump for the week of the Lonestar Roundup!

4. Bump for the weekend crowd. You'll really be helping me out and getting a great deal on hard to find parts these days. They're not making a lot of this stuff anymore.

5. Still have it for sale.