Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Joe Hunt Mag-look distributor problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Craig Nitta, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Craig Nitta

Craig Nitta

Good day to all,
    New to the H.A.M.B. First posting.
    I'm having some problems with a Joe Hunt mag-look electronic distributor that i am currently installing on an 8BA flathead engine. I had it all wired in as per instructions and the engine fired up. It had been running for @5 mins and i was just about to set the timing, and it shut down. Now have no spark whatsoever. Anyone out there experience the same problem? Or can anyone direct me to the proper thread that discusses other instances like this or a possible solution? Thanks in advance for the help, and looking forward to being a part of the community.

2. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

module or internal coil , lot of issues were raised on the HAMB, use the search fonction

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. I'll save you all the pain of doing searches: take it out and put in a proper distributor.

This is a fake idea that is not only a fake, they have a very poor history of actually working.

Countn'Carbs and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. jrsiron

jrsiron

Don't waste your money getting it repaired. It will just take another shit after spending money getting it repaired by Joe Hunt. Just sit on your shelf and tell anyone about it that is thinking about it that is going to buy anything from Joe Hunt

busted49ford likes this.

5. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

The solution is to get the coil out of the distributor.....the unit is too compact and the coil is too close to the module/electronics......if you cant do it yourself, Bubba does it. Once set up this way they are reliable and work fine....its basically a gm HEI

LAROKE likes this.
  6. Who is Bubba?

7. alchemy

alchemy

Bubba Linder was the expert old Ford distributor rebuilder who has recently retired.