Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Topless from Knoxville Tn to LA ROADSTER SHOW 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Getting ready for the big go west in my 29 roadster. More to come, leaving Saturday June 11.

Attached Files:

2. Good looking car,have fun and be safe,oh yeah and buy a rain suit! HRP

[​IMG]

LOU WELLS, Jet96, olcurmdgeon and 3 others like this.
  3. Brave soul! :)

LOU WELLS likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope you let Pete take it for a ride, have a safe ride. Bob

Hamtown Al likes this.

5. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Lotta sunblock too!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Two words: SPF 50!
    Two more: Be safe!

ps: Look for a 32 luggage rack spreader bar in the swap meet.

7. Thanks guys for the advise. I have a really good rain coat, rain pants, plenty of sun screen, and tools! I will try to post alot of pictures from the road.

bct, Tim and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. If they make on SPF 100!:D

I did a short topless trip in my old roadster (640 miles) and looked like a lobster when I arrived but I also looked like a drowned cat and got pelted with hail,thank God it was small hail.

A pith helmet or motor cycle helmet would have been a blessing. HRP

9. Wow, this could be very interesting. I have am old leather helmet and goggles that may go just in case.

lothiandon1940 and gtrhotrod like this.
  10. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Happy Motoring!

11. Chrome Moly Steel

Chrome Moly Steel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, fl

This sounds like a real adventure. If you can take the time to post some pictures, that would be great. Will be following along. Be safe. Lee

12. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

You already drove the wheels off it?

13. Only put about 450 miles on the roadster, checking out the brakes and going over some things.

14. I hope to enjoy your trip pictures, of nice sunny days, and safe motoring, cause it's a cold, wet Winter down here.

15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Be safe, looking forward to your pics. :cool:

16. ...............................SPF 29.:D;)

17. brady1929

brady1929

Take I-40 through Arizona if you can because it is hot here.

18. Thanks for the heads up, that's the plan.

19. Listen to your elders, son.

After many years of NOT running a top (hardcore/stupid), I have to wonder what the hell was I thinking.

Serious sunburn, drowning thunderstorms, cracked and burnt lips and ears, hail, 100+ degrees. What's not to like?

But it sure was FUN!! Wish that I was going with you......

20. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great! I was having trouble falling asleep last night and then saw this thread. Then I had to go back and read the entire rebuild thread. Then read up more on Pete Eastwood. I didn't get much sleep last night but it was worth it.

21. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Have fun and be safe, done the drive twice in a hot rod, post pics if you have the time. Say hi to any Over The Hill Gang For me(Huey)

22. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I was never a roadster guy till I did a trip with my buddy in a T Bucket. Never knew what an adventure it is and how much fun. Drove all day and at one in the morning didn't want to stop.

23. I did a Connecticut to California and back, road trip with my cousin back in the 60's in my corvette.:cool: We had the top down going through the desert figuring we would have a nice tan when we got to LA.:eek: Not too smart.:p

Jet96 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. deucemac

deucemac

Take I70 west until it ends at Code Fort Utah then head south on I15. It will be somewhat cooler on that route and real heat won't start until St. George Utah and last to San Bernardino. Just came home from Indy that way. I've been driving and roasting in roadsters for lots of years myself and a the precautions that were suggested are correct. One thing I found out on my trip was my cell phone. I ran into dead spots all over and I have a major carrier. My son has a scab phone he got at Wal-Mart that piggyback on everybody's system and always had signal. Real important if the car breaks down (heaven forbid) 40 miles from the nearest tree! Smoke signals are not cool when you have to use your own luggage for fuel. It will great fun. I plan to be there all weekend myself. Hope we run into each other during the weekend.

25. hope you have a great time. We hear all the what if's every time we plan a trip with the hot rods or the bikes take some extra cash or card and worry about the what if's if they happen. Sounds like lots of fun. witch way do you plan to Go I 40, back roads?

26. See you guys in Kingman Sunday pm.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  27. Thanks, the what if's are usually what make all the stories on a trip like this. We plan of starting out on I40 and hopefully getting on and off some old roads along the way. Will see how it goes

28. Sunday!?!?

29. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

A friend of mine did the whole length of RT66 a few years ago in a topless 32 hiboy!
    He was 55 at the time and he did it alone, all the above advise should be heeded.
    The one thing he did that I thought was pretty clever was that he had prearranged to stay at Bed and Breakfasts along the way that allowed him to put the car in their garage over night.
    You're young and resilient, you will have a blast along the way and memories for a lifetime!
    Safe travels, looking forward to your posts along the way.
    KK

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016