Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wheel chairs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tenacious A, Oct 13, 2015.

1. LOL I have always had bad luck on facebook and never got one of those things. :D

I think that sometimes we just have to back up and regroup. looks like you have done that or are in the process of doing that and that speaks volumes. ;)

2. Well, I have to say that you picked the right member name. With those setbacks and still hot rodding, I definitely think you are tenacious.
    Good for you, God bless you. I am not half the man you are.

HOTRODPRIMER and falcongeorge like this.
  3. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Ha! What the hell did they know about a bad year..... I also admire your determination and stamina to overcome adversity. Keep on keepin on and that car will be done quicker than you think.

4. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

Another milestone today, I'm on my creeper under car View attachment 3028870

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

5. I knew a Methodist minister in Baltimore some years back who would correct anybody who spoke of her being "confined to" a wheelchair. She would tell them, "No, I would be confined if I didn't have my wheelchair."

6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

64? Looks pretty solid. What are your build plans?

7. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

Due to my situation I'm thinking lower Gasser with flip front end. It's a 65

8. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

Thinking straight Axel

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  9. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Getting some where, mocking things up

10. Tenacious - Just tuned into your thread. Much respect to ya, my silly assed problems just went into perspective.
    You made some progress all right! 3 2's on a SBC, fenderwells, drop axle. What brand are your front wheels?
    Guess the steering is next.

11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

You are an inspiration to us!
    Someday, Id like to meet you in person, shake your hand and let you take me for a ride in that car!!

mad mikey and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

image.jpg Wheels are old Hollywood. I have been informed they have had the center modified and I have blasted and painted them. So they are cool to me and worthless as vintage wheels lol

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

uploadfromtaptalk1454251126742.png well this probably not what any one wants to see but I'm thinking about putting this right on the axel

14. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

15. You sir are a man that in my eyes has a mindset that thinks no disability's will hold you back they are just minor inconvenience.

You have more grit and determination than many able-bodied guys,truly inspirational despite the unfortunate circumstances that have developed

I'm subscribed. HRP

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  16. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

Much respect!

17. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Inspirational, thanks for posting.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. You are a hero to me , and others sir. The car is really lookin good!:D

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool wheels, dont think I ever saw any quite like em. stance, steelies in the back etc, looks cool.
    Never seen a rack and pinion on a straight axle before but I suppose it might work, hopefully you can at least hide it somewhat on the backside of the axle.

mad mikey likes this.
  20. 1pickup

1pickup

You sir, have definitely gained my respect. I guess I should stop complaining about my aches and pains now. If I wasn't half the country away from you, I'd gladly lend some time to your project. I hope others in your area might do the same. I like where your build is going. Will you be installing hand controls? That just may be a first in a gasser! Keep up the good work & great attitude.

mad mikey likes this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

My friend, you are an inspiration to us all, and make me feel just plain silly about complaining about aches and pains.
    Like your Falcon, and wish I were close enough to lend a hand.

mad mikey likes this.
  22. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I appreciate your drive and desire, you remind me of my old friend tom Willford. Tom was paralyzed at the waist, but it did't stop him from living his dream. I fabbed special hand controls for his Willys Gasser, and he drove it, along with doing some of the maintenance, running a best of 9.21 @ 151 ! I will be watching this, good luck. Bizio Pride and Joy.jpg

mad mikey likes this.
  23. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

image.jpg image.jpg

mad mikey likes this.
  24. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

image.jpg Just to make it more complicated for me, Im going to run a Farm Truck rear suspension

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Just curious, Why? Ive heard they use this type setup in nascar etc. but not really sure why and with a staight axle leaf spring front end under yours I really dont understand why, any specific reason you want to do that? not saying its wrong just saying "I" dont understand any of it including the nascar part etc.

26. Gofannon

Gofannon

27. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

I seen a set of these truck arms at a swap meet and thought they may work as long ladder bars. The leaf springs need to be moved in for clearance anyways and this just fell in my lap so I thought I would take a look at it. To me it will be easy to make adjustments and many spring options. So I really dont have a technical answer other that it was free and my mind started thinking

28. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

You are a very determined dude. I have nothing but admiration.
    It looks like the steering rack will move with the axle and springs. How are you going to make that work?

29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hmm, Very valid concern, Not sure a normal steering colomn sleeve slider would hold up to almost continuous sliding???

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, you kick ass. Carry on.