Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Early Dodge wheel studs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nifty, Jun 1, 2016.

1. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I'm having problems trying to locate someone that can supply left hand thread wheel studs (lugs) for my 1936 Dodge front end.
    Anyone have any leads on who to try?

2. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

get right hand and avoid the confusion.

3. verde742

verde742

x22222

4. NAPA, Dorman's still supplies them.

Crap you're in England. How many do you need Ill try and get a price for you.

5. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I'm just looking for the one, that would be great if you could PnB.
    I like the fact they're left handed, it adds to the quirkiness of the car.

6. Yours uses wheel studs and not lug and lug nuts correct? The only way you would ever change it would be to weld up and redrill anyway.

7. nifty

nifty
    from UK

It uses wheel studs pressed fit into the back of the drum, they appear to be as original fitment

8. Mopar used LH threads on the left side through the '60s at least. I had a '69 Dodge A100 van years ago that had LH studs and lug nuts on the driver's side. Should not be that hard to find. A good NAPA store, especially one that's been in the same building 50 plus years, will have them. Hudson and some other makes used LH threads as well. Never understood what the point of it was.

9. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Finding left handed thread wheel studs isn't a problem, finding the correct ones is. We have pressed the damaged one out and there is no knurl on the shoulder of the stud that fits into the drum which is odd.
    Tried Andy Burnham and he doesn't hold them.
    I can measure the stud and provide all the dims.
    Early Dodge parts especially relating to brakes, drums and hubs aren't as friendly as early Ford that's for sure

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016