Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects another Buick barn find and build...we hope

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by IROC100, May 17, 2015.

1. Every mod that you've done to the Buehog is genius. Making that stock back glass work is a magic trick. When I walk up to a period correct Kustom such as yours, it's always a shame to see anything as OT as a modern steering column, IMO. Now that I've pushed my unrequested opinion on you, keep up the killer work, and can't wait to see more.

2. Moondog13

Moondog13

I am love love loving this build!!

3. Sauli

Sauli

I like how You kept the original wrap-around backlite, and its surrounding brightwork. The only right way of chopping one of these, IMO. Good on You for taking on a project like that, too.
    I am a huge fan of the 1950-53 Buick&Cadillac C-body hardtops. Yours is the top-of-the-line, large-body Roadmaster, essentially the same as the famous "Bozio Buick" built in E.Hartford, CT in '58-59, then later sold over to Sweden in the late 70's, and fully restored subsequently. Seeing it featured in one of our local car-mags in the early 80's sure made a lasting impression. tapatalk_1460624487036.jpeg Here's a photo of it, borrowed from elsewhere on the HAMB.

4. richard price

richard price

5. IROC100

IROC100
    from NY

0319161726.jpg well first off, I would like to thank all of you who have committed on my car and the work that I have done. that I don't think I'm that good, all I do is take my time and try to think things out and I spent a lot of time on here just looking and reading on how everyone else has done what I wanted to do. Because of some of you I have been able to do what I have envisioned, so for that I say thank you! Now on to the Buick. Well it's outside again all covered up, but Did manage to get the fenders on and most of the nose fitted. it was like a jig saw puzzle since I didn't take it apart and not knowing how or what went where or even if I had all the parts. but you can see by the picture that most of it is together. Still looking for a grill, not sure what right now maybe a 54 Pontiac if I can afford it, got a stock grill, but this a kustom so you never know. I got brave and cut my vent window and I'm going to get some Muggy Weld and try it. If it works it will answer a lot of questions on here. Right now the reason the Buick is back out of the garage is that I have been asked to work on the Golden Gasser, I'm sure some of you have heard that car, if you haven't just do a search and you will find a pretty historial 1952 ford from my area, anyways I'm pretty pumped about being part of this restore, so I couldn't turn it down. I will post some pics of what I am and what I will be doing soon. Again, thanks to all who have commented. I have read them all.

Attached Files:

6. rytang

rytang
    from Arizona

Very kool kustom!

7. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I don't know how low your going in front but the 77 Cadillac has a front track of 61.7" and the Buick is 59". A friend has a 77 Cadillac front end on his 40 Cadillac and had to go with 6" wide front wheels and a 205 tire's so he could turn. After seeing his problem, I took my 76 Cadillac front end off my build and am using a mid 80's Monte Carlo front end which is 58".