Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The view from my office

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racer29, May 19, 2016.

1. Great Thread....Thanks for posting !!!

2. Well I'm back at work today and here's what I've seen so far. I'm currently broke down so I'm going to be sitting for a while looking at the HAMB.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my A520L using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Greenblade, kiwijeff and timmy2times like this.
  3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know, I´m really kinda jealous... Cruising around here you´d be hard pressed to find anything older then maybe an late 80s VW , BMW or maybe a Mercedes... I´ll follow your thread, it´s like being on vacation and cruising the back roads in USA...thanks for sharing

greaser and czuch like this.
  4. Retrorod

Retrorod

You have a good idea there. I am on the road a lot for work covering half the State of California. I have always kept a camera in one of my bags but now I think I'll keep it in the cab next to my seat. I seem to always see cool stuff and then think "if I only had my camera ready!" I will now.

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I like those rancheros...
    [​IMG]

6. Didn't get to post much on Friday as I was broke down for nearly 3 hours. When I got back up and running I just wanted to get the day done and get home as we had a graduation to attend. I'll be back at it tomorrow and see what I can find hiding on some back road. Glad you all are enjoying the thread.

7. Cool pics, Thanks!

8. rwilly

rwilly
    from seattle

Love the pics.
    I am also a Trash hauler.

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pics--keep it up!! Was a lineman for many years-spotted a lot of old cars from pole top that otherwise would never be seen and bought a few. Lots of stuff still hiding out there I'm sure.

10. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Great thread! Thanks for sharing. I love the Black Hills. Great spot for antique cars and hotrods. Bikes too HAHA.

11. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I very much appreciate you guys on the road day to day working, and looking out for the old cars and parts. One of my first builds was an early model 61' T-bird that I was trying to locate parts for (before the internet existed)....and one truck driver I developed a nice, casual friendship with, told me of an old t-bird sitting in a field in Montana, that he "drove past once in a while." He asked me what I might need, and he'd stop and talk to the fellow who owned the property when he got the chance....about a month later, he drove out of his way to tell me the stuff was indeed for sale if I was interested....so I gave him the money and about 3 weeks later still..., he drove to my place of employment with his loaded trailer and unloaded my much needed parts with a smile out of his sleeper compartment!!! I was in absolute awe of his concern over my "attempt" at mechanical aptitude, and still am to this day....so I very much thank you guys out there day by day driving, delivering, and working...to keep us all informed of those less travelled roads we will probably never know....and what may still be out there!:D:D:D

Saxman, brad2v and rfraze like this.
  12. When I lived in Las Vegas, NV, I used to have a little notebook, a camera, and a GPS in my truck for those trips up to Utah- helped me locate stuff I saw while wandering around. I had a friend that had a '33 Plymouth sedan that had been chopped in L.A. a long time ago, he didn't have any garnish moldings for it and had been trying for a while to find some. I ran across a '33 Dodge sedan a farmer had shoved up into some trees with his tractor and it not only had garnish moldings, but the little blind that rolled down for the back window, a fold down foot rail for the back seat, and a lot of other small stuff. I probably took two hours getting this stuff and never saw a soul.

13. Not much today as not too far out in the country but caught these on my way home.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Keep the photos coming, thank you for taking the time to snap and share photos.

15. Latigo

Latigo

Great pics. Thanks!

16. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Nice way to break up "just another day at the office" fun seein' 'em as they sit...Thanks!

17. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

I like that pink bel air. Even tho it four door it koo. Would look neat with white letter on the tires and just wash it up and ride out. Lol. Man must be neat to drive around to see all this stuff go to shame. You ever ask if they sell these old cars?

18. I'll stop and talk if somebody is outside and inquire about the potential sale or future plans for them. You know how the story goes though, "I'm going to fix it up one day".

19. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

pretty cool stuff, i like the "pac rat palace" sign in the background of the one pic

20. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Cool looking Chevy sedan. Don't see too many of those. Looks like it's going to collapse on its self. All the wood rotted away. The fate of most Chevys of that era.

21. Check out the little ranchero loaded with grass.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

slv63, kiwijeff, Countn'Carbs and 2 others like this.
  22. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Great thread , better than the view at my office any day.

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

24. Here's the last of what I've seen from my "office" in the last 2 weeks. I will continue to update this thread as I see vintage tin from here on out.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

kiwijeff and Countn'Carbs like this.
  25. Kenny, I can see the route you run, you drive right by my place. The Chevy coupe in your first set belongs to a local, his kid is building one in that garage. Is it funny that I know the location of about every one of those cars? PS, dont bother posting a pic of the GMC clip in front of the shop and A sedan tucked back by the shed, its mine ;)

We would love to have you here Nick!

Siouxer Falls is East River, this is the Banana belt, we can get 60s and 70s even in January.

Last edited: May 28, 2016