Register now to get rid of these ads!

History specialty tools from the "old days"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by decker, Sep 26, 2008.

1. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

I was told this tool is a valve puller for old flatheads. Looks like it might do the job, haven't tried it yet but will as soon as I get to it. It says The Valve Jack Series A on the stainless steel handle bar and A.T. Hansord Co. of Minneapolis. I think it is a 40's tool but not sure. Sorry about the picture, my flash isn't working.

Attached Files:

2. Here's the old Burroughs adding machine that worked at that same gas station as my dad. It's survived all the years of daily use there and was then torture tested by myself, my younger brother, all of our friends and playmates and now my own child. It works today as well as it did it's first day on the job and has never once required a battery or electrical cord. Let's face it calculators are easy to carry and make our lives effortless... but this thing has got some serious heft (40lbs+) and a mechanical coolness factor that some lowly little printed circut boards will never top.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. The Anco Tel Tale gauge is for measuring the pressure that Windshield Wiper Arms exert on the windshield.
    HemiDeuce.

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Hi tech in 1941

Attached Files:

5. preach

preach

Not as cool as some of the posts here but I use modern "Ford" Wrenches almost daily refitting submarines.

Here is an original Ford Wrench:

[​IMG]

6. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

just a guess, is this a gauge for measuring valve lift when grinding a cam?
    [​IMG]

7. john walker

john walker

got a bunch of these at the monroe swap for $10 each. 15 years ago.

Attached Files:

8. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

Hemi Deuce
    top picture is wiper pressure tester

9. Cutom analyzer for the LOST SPRINGS GARAGE >>>>.

Attached Files:

10. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Snap on valve spring tester just add your torque wrench :)

Bruce you always got that late model high buck stuff

Attached Files:

11. vin likes diesel

vin likes diesel

just going through some stuff in the workshop to go on ebay . i got this in a deal with some stuff a few years ago .
    Valve seat cutting tool that does 7HP up to lorry engines , so i think that covers all of them......................................:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. Here is my snap on Distrib-U-Scope

A little older I think. Never seen one like this. Looks more like the older Weindenhoff (sp?) machines. Got it for parts, but it worked when I fixed a little wiring. Just waiting for a new motor to show up.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And my Allen I bought a the same time. Had a spare motor and machined a wheel/pulley and got this one to work right away
    [​IMG]

13. I have often thought about adding crank turning to the devices I offer, but sure seems like a lot of work :)

Attached Files:

14. chris' 38

chris' 38

Found this recently.

Attached Files:

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my other "older" tools that I picked up a while back but used the twin to in shops for years. [​IMG] Hunter on the car spin balancer.

Last edited: May 23, 2016