Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I've got this pile of crap

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by ugliefrance, Nov 14, 2015.

1. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Dude, you got skills! I like it. To me, this is hot rodding. Its when you go find or buy a pile of stuff or drag something no one else wants out of its slumber & turn it into something nice & useable. Looking forward to more, thanks!

Hollywood-East likes this.
  2. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Just found these. A bit arse about face. I know. But this is what I started with.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

And this

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

Cool concept. More power to you man. Can't wait to see more progress

5. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

I've got that same dash in my model T coupe.

slv63 likes this.
  6. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Well the week has gone better than expected. After taking the advice given. The roof has been on and off,sail panel changed ,trunk drip rail and what the fuck else has all been massaged into something. Working totally arse about face . I started by making the lower drip rail for the rear screen. Which is out of a 48 Dodge coupe.If you care. Then I decided I wanted a gull wing trunk. So made the drip rail for that. Still all balancing in thin air at the moment. Tacked the roof back on and started rolling a load of segments. A bit of hammering and welding it now looks like this. Yes I know it looks like a lobsters tail. But I l like the shape and think it will work. lost a bit of the truckyness into the bargain.

Attached Files:

7. Squablow

Squablow

I'm starting to see it now, looking forward to seeing more!

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. shadams

shadams

Have to sub this one....dont know wtf is going on but it looks like its gonna be cool....

slv63 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. 3 window

Man that's a lot of welding.
    I thought that killer English wheel was for that?

Go man go !

10. _justakid_

_justakid_

A truck, a car, a Frenchman, I'm a little lost here even after going through the pages but I'm in!

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

pet sematary..... the pieced-back-together-doggy... Can't get that out of my mind!

12. _justakid_

_justakid_

Ok just went through the thread good. This is awesome, lol

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

Now THIS is a wild Custom Hot Rod build .

14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Subscribed......... Cool build, nice title for thread

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Looks like there`s gonna be a whole lotta grinding going on.Please keep the updates coming.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

It just morphed into a 3 window,was going for 5.
    I know how to weld but i'm still learning on the wheel. I put a curve into each piece but haven't worked out how to put a concave and convex curve into the same panel on the wheel. I will ask some mates and practice a bit more. It's all about learning. I taught myself to lead load a few years back. The first day was just an exercise on melting the bars and watching them drop on the floor but after that it was really easy. Once you learnt what you could do with it. It was great. Just knowledge and pratice. Cheers for the positive feedback guys.

17. brokendown

brokendown
    from Penzance

Cool - keep at it!!

18. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Well as a hot rodder I am the ultimate recycler. Plus I haven't got enough things to do with my time as it is. So with the back of the cab. I made a new bed and instead of the usual tail gate. I made a packing case tail board. Plus because i'm usually to pissed or something I decided to sculpt the wall into bricks and stone,then patina it up to look like an old garage. I'm sorry to say my whole fucking house is decorated like this. And todays other folly is the lighting. A set of old farm scales with 35 Cabrio lights welded to the ends. Not sure if I should get a life or this is my life

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  19. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Sorry tail board didn't load

Attached Files:

20. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

21. BartnPenni

BartnPenni

Looking forward to your next update mate...

22. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Ok. I will apolagize now. This has nothing to do with traditional customs. The coupe has not progressed as I went for a drive in my old 40. First I went to the UK across Holland and Germany up through Denmark. Caught a ferry to the{FANTASTIC} Faroe Islands drove around them. Then got another ferry to Iceland and did a 3,500 mile road trip around there,which was cool. About 2,000 off road,which beat the shit out of the truck. Then a ferry bach to Denmark a drive down to germany and across the Baltic to the Polish border. Met up with mates and did an exorbitant amount of drinking at Hindenberg. Then drove back across Germany and France. That was 10,000 miles and 3 months gone. Had a fucking great time and make no excuses for not working on the car. A very condenced version of events. Happy New year to you all

Attached Files:

57JoeFoMoPar, kiwijeff, slv63 and 2 others like this.
  23. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy new Year to you . Now get back to work on your amazing project .

24. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Those are some amazing pictures, bet you had a lot of fun. I think that this is all about having fun with old cars. Love to see more pictures of your trip. Thanks for sharing Frank

25. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Love this build! This is the kind of creativity that makes me love the whole custom scene: creating something unique out of nothing, instead of another belly-button build that looks like a thousand others.

I'm on a bit of an oddball creative project as well, turning that London taxi in my avatar into a sedan delivery. My project is decidedly simpler than yours, though! I just have to get the crown right on the panels that will replace the rear side windows. The only thing I'm building from scratch is some rather straightforward fender skirts.

With thanks to Madfish and James D over in the Photoshop thread, here's where my taxi is headed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

You pickup bed project reminded me of this one: a Fiat x1/9 converted into a kid's bed, complete with a working stereo:

[​IMG]

27. BartnPenni

BartnPenni

Isn't it about time for another update Nick...?

28. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I think Nick might be busy with yet another project....he bought the car in my avatar last year......I've found some small parts for you Nick.
    Bob in Scotland

29. BartnPenni

BartnPenni

Hi Bob, he was supposed to be here in Cornwall a couple of times this year but that obviously didn't happen! Nick's attention span probably means he's started several other projects since this so who knows, I speak to him around once a week and he's always got something on the go... Just need to keep publicly shaming him into getting a project done so he can finish another...!

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  30. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That sounds like the sickest road trip known to mankind.

chryslerfan55 likes this.